Hello from Cedarmills, Southern Virginia

Cedarmills

New User
Robin
Hi! We are a small sawmill outside of South Hill, Virginia just relocated from NC. We love Eastern Red Cedar and have a ton of it on the farm. We started out making salt water fish wall hangings as a hobby. We now make furniture such as end tables, picnic tables and benches, cutting boards, planters, charcuterie boards, serving trays, candles and all different kinds of fish and wildlife decor and live edge wood in all sizes. We also do custom orders. We don't know a lot of people in the area but we have enjoyed many arts & craft shows in both Virginia and North Carolina. We are looking to do more trade shows and craft fairs. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG-3028.jpg
    IMG-3028.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG-2850 (1).jpg
    IMG-2850 (1).jpg
    3 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG-3012.jpg
    IMG-3012.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG-3467.jpg
    IMG-3467.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 79

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Welcome to the saw dust pile. You will enjoy it here. I really like the table and benches.

When you say you are a sawmill do you mean you saw for your own use, saw for selling, or saw for others on a for hire basis? Just curious that maybe you may want to be added to the database here if it's one of the latter.

Cedarmills

New User
Robin
Welcome to the saw dust pile. You will enjoy it here. I really like the table and benches.

When you say you are a sawmill do you mean you saw for your own use, saw for selling, or saw for others on a for hire basis? Just curious that maybe you may want to be added to the database here if it's one of the latter.
We saw for selling and for others on a for hire basis. I would love to be added to the database. How would I go about doing that?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Robin. I live on the north side of Lake Gaston. I can almost throw a rock and have it land in VA. We may have to do a shop visit in the near future. Clarksville has a large street fair every year, summer. South Hill has a seasonal Saturday famer's market with produce, baked goods and crafts (spring through fall). Plus, there are several area craft events in November and December.

Cedarmills

New User
Robin
Thank you so much for the information! It's nice to know someone with knowledge about this area. We go over to the Lake to fish quite a bit in the spring and summer. It's a beautiful area.

Cedarmills

New User
Robin
Welcome Robin. I live on the north side of Lake Gaston. I can almost throw a rock and have it land in VA. We may have to do a shop visit in the near future. Clarksville has a large street fair every year, summer. South Hill has a seasonal Saturday famer's market with produce, baked goods and crafts (spring through fall). Plus, there are several area craft events in November and December.
Thank you so much for the information! It's nice to know someone with knowledge about this area. We go over to the Lake to fish quite a bit in the spring and summer. It's a beautiful area.

Cedarmills

New User
Robin

Thanks so much!!! We do sell live edge and saw for others on a for hire basis. How do I go about being added to the database?

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Welcome to the site Robin. We live in Raleigh but have a place on the lake in Bracey and are in South Hill fairly often. Do you have a shop/store front in South Hill? I'd be interested in hearing when you have excess lumber you are selling.
Rick

Cedarmills

New User
Robin
Welcome to the site Robin. We live in Raleigh but have a place on the lake in Bracey and are in South Hill fairly often. Do you have a shop/store front in South Hill? I'd be interested in hearing when you have excess lumber you are selling.
Rick

Rick

Rick
Hi Rick
I am very familiar with Bracey and South Hill. We do not have a store front. We have a small Sawmill on our farm just outside of South Hill. We always have excess lumber and you are welcome to visit. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the quality and the pricing.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors