Hello from Cary

RichardH

New User
Richard
Hello, I recently bought a house in south Cary near Apex. I have been lurking on here for several years as we rented while I was shopless but late last year we finally found a house to buy with a garage shop space. I have been busy moving into my new shop ever since which has been a combination of unpacking tools I had in storage for a long time, building storage and work areas plus buying a few new tools I have been wanting to get for a long time most notably a new tablesaw and drum sander. I have been a hobby woodworker for a few decades now and enjoy spending what little time I can in the shop. My dream was always a separate stand alone shop but getting that in Cary where the wife wanted to be wasn't an easy thing so I ended up getting an attached oversized two car garage with cars evicted instead which is working out fine so far. I mostly make small furniture projects but also enjoy other projects like turning and carving and enjoy trying new things when I can. I consider myself a hybrid woodworker in that I am perfectly happy to use power tools if they are the best fit for the job at hand but also really enjoy working with hand tools and making hand cut joinery.

I look forward to getting to know the community more.

Richard

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Welcome Richard! If you want to consider the scroll saw, we are having our scr saw club meeting tomorrow, June 5 from 2 to 4 at the Cary Klingspor’s store. You are welcome to join us. We happen to be doing a small demonstration as well! And, it’s Klingspor’s!

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome, Richard. There are many of us in this neighborhood, make sure to try the monthly lunch next to Klingspor's and meet some NCWW in person. (Although I haven't made it in a while myself since the pandemic, but things are finally getting back to normal.)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS