Hello from Apex

JoeSkinner

Joe
Senior User
I moved from North TX to Raleigh about 3 years ago. Earlier this year I bought a house in Apex and just last week got my shop up and running. I am so looking forward to woodworking again after a 3 year hiatus and meeting new woodworking folks!

I am mostly hand tools, but do plan on learning to turn soon. I'm also looking forward to trying my hand at spoon and bowl carving since green wood seems to be abundant around here.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I moved from North TX to Raleigh about 3 years ago. Earlier this year I bought a house in Apex and just last week got my shop up and running. I am so looking forward to woodworking again after a 3 year hiatus and meeting new woodworking folks!

I am mostly hand tools, but do plan on learning to turn soon. I'm also looking forward to trying my hand at spoon and bowl carving since green wood seems to be abundant around here.
What part of Apex? I’m in Abbington

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Joe, @JoeSkinner!
We are glad you found us and I will bet it feels good to get back to working wood again!

BTW if you are heading down the "Woodturning Vortex" you should be aware of the NCWW Goodwill Lathe.

Years ago @SteveColes purchased a lathe and over time more and more tools were added to the NCWW GWL tool set.
Here is a like to a picture of all the toys: https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?media/albums/goodwill-lathe-inventory.2158/

You may have to become a "User" rather than a "New User" before you can receive the lathe, but I think you can get on the list regardless...

As Casey (@Oka) is the "keeper of the keys" to this treasure chest, let him know and he can start a PM with you (depending upon the length of time you have been a member you may or may not be able to PM him)

JoeSkinner

Joe
Senior User
Thanks for the welcome everyone! My shop was a 2 car unfinished garage, really just a dark place for spiders to hang out. It is now insulated, drywalled, painted and HVAC. It's a nice place to be even if not woodworking.

@SteveColes I'm near Bells Lake and Optimist Farm. I decided to try a more rural area this time instead of a suburban neighborhood.

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
That’s the Cary part of Apex. Apex address but in Cary town limits

JoeSkinner

Joe
Senior User
I'm really not sure where it is. Apex address, the HVAC guys pulled a permit in Fuquay, Cary is the closest fire station, Google maps shows Holly Springs as the closest town limit.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors