Hello from Apex

Status
Not open for further replies.

bash

New User
bash
Hi all,

My name is Bruce and I have been enjoying the site since registering last week. I live near the Apex-Cary line and have a 24'x32' shop with over half dedicated to woodworking. I like coming up with my own project plans and then modifying them real time [STRIKE]as I find pieces not fitting together as intended[/STRIKE] as I come up with improved or alternate ideas. I have built a couple pieces of furniture in the past (mission style - straight lines/mortise and tenon joinery) but recently have been making keepsake boxes (wanted to learn to make dovetails). I also turned a few sets of drumsticks with my oldest son (a drummer in the Holly Springs High School band), but the lathe is definitely not a strength. Besides spending time with my family (wife & two boys) and woodworking, I enjoy gardening, fishing, and slow-cooking outdoors. I look forward to learning from y'all and hopefully being able to offer an idea or answer once in a while.

-Bruce

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Bruce.:eusa_danc

Sounds to me like you have a very ample sized shop to play in. As you have probably already noticed, lotsa great folks, experience and project inspiration here. There are quite a few of us here in the Apex, Holly Springs, Cary area and always willing to help you out should the need arise.

We do like pictures here at the site of your shop, projects. new tool gloats etc. , so don't forget to take your camera with you to the shop.

Please take note of our upcoming annual picnic. A great time to come out and associate a name with a face.:wsmile:

Looking forward to hearing more from you through your future posts.

Take care 'round those power tools!

Wayne

eyekode

New User
Salem
Welcome Bruce!
I live in Apex as well. Sounds like you have quite a shop there. What is the other half dedicated to?
Salem

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Bruce. I live in Cary. We have our annual picnic coming in May. Sign-up, bring the family and meet the crew.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Bruce. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap This is a wonderful group of folks. I'm glad you could join us. :icon_thum

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Bruce,

Welcome to our virtual sawdust pile. Glad you decided to join in. Don't forget, we do love our photos here, so if you are so inclined, show us your projects, your shop, your tools, piles of wood chips... whatever :gar-Bi

Again, welcome

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the website, Bruce. Happy to have you join us and we will look forward to your participation. Be sure to pick up some tickets for the Spring Drawing and add some noce new tools to that shop! Hope to see you at the Picnic!

PS -- I get to Apex fairly often with my wife to visit our daughter and grandson.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Glad you found NCWW, Bruce.

Since you turned your son some drumsticks, can you turn me some tone for my guitar? :XXfridge:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS