Hello from an amateur wood worker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

New User
Brian
Thought I would introduce myself. I've been lurking for the first week before posting anything. I can tell this is an excellent forum with a lot of very great people and information.

I live in Cary and work in Holly Springs. I attempt to turn pens and have tried a couple pen cups. I have cut out various figures for my wife I likes to paint and finish various decorative craft projects. I dabble in leather work. I would say I rank in the armature weekender level of wood working. I really enjoy reading about and sometimes trying various projects.

Having 4 boys means limited spare cash and time to really practice and improve skills. Reading all the posts about scroll sawing did get me to dig the scroll saw out and clean it up so that I could get back into practicing more with it again.

Enough about me for now. I will post some pics once I can dig some out at the moment they will be all pens.

Thanks for the great forum,
Brian

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Welcome, I live near Cameron. I turn pens and I also scroll saw. Although I will try almost anything!! Be sure to join in. If you have problems or questions ask me. I just might be able to help!

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome to our little sawdust pile. As you have seen there a plenty of good folks here and several in your area. Please do not be shy, feel free to ask any question and join in a conversation.

We love pictures and here are 2 links that will help explain how to upload pics to your gallery and post them.

To upload pictures

To post pictures

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Brian!

There are quite a few of us here in your neighborhood! :)

If you are ever in need of a helping hand, just give us a call/post. I too dabble quite a bit in basic box building, pen/bottle stopper turning.....anything that I think I can generate in wood for my four daughters and grand-daughter.

Hope to see some pictures of your work here in on NCWW.

Have fun and by all means stay safe around those power tools!

Wayne

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Brian welcome to the site. There is a wealth of knowledge available here. Just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS