Hello All

KitShickers

New User
Rob
Hello everyone. My name is Robert and I’m new to both the site and woodworking. I’m currently in the process of building out a shop and look forward to meeting and learning from others in the area. I recently moved from Charlotte to the Albemarle area and have no idea where to get wood here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome! We have a lot of members around the Charlotte area that can help with wood purchases. There is also this list in the resources section that has a statewide view.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Welcome Robert ! you will like it here. Do not hesitate to reach out and ask questions, someone/everyone here are always willing to assist you on your journey into woodworking.

John Jimenez

JJ
Corporate Member
Welcome Robert! I am in the Charlotte area for the last year and I am always on the hunt for a good source of lumber. I have been to Carolina Urban Lumber but they are a bit pricey. I have found affordable slabs at Highway 7 cool junk but they are not kiln dried and I have yet to be able to find a place that will kiln dry my own slabs.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Robert,
We are glad you found us and look forward to vicariously following you on your journey as you set-up your shop. (remember to post some pictures during your set-up)

I think you may be in a little bit of a "Wood supplier desert" but you might check with our friends over at "The Moulding Source" https://www.themouldingsource.com/ (Still an hour away from you, so call first)

The previous owner did sell some of the wood he purchased along with standard or special moldings, not sure what Boyd's (@Thewoodworkingsource) approach is, but hopefully it is worth a call...

KitShickers

New User
Rob
Welcome Robert! I am in the Charlotte area for the last year and I am always on the hunt for a good source of lumber. I have been to Carolina Urban Lumber but they are a bit pricey. I have found affordable slabs at Highway 7 cool junk but they are not kiln dried and I have yet to be able to find a place that will kiln dry my own slabs.
Thanks for the great info. I will definitely check them out.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS