Hello all!

RndmNmbr

New User
David
Hi everyone. I'm a recent member here. I'm a full-time engineer who recently moved to Cary, NC. Professionally, I work mainly on embedded systems and specialize in Electrical, Mechanical, and Software engineering. I have pretty extensive experience with machining and manufacturing in metal and plastics, but I'm very new to wood!

I'm slowly building out a woodshop in our garage with the starting goal of being able to build the cabinetry for our home. (My wife and I are working through a long-term "top to bottom" renovation of our new family home in NC.)

These forums have already been a great resource as I work my way through learning how to make nice things from wood! I'm starting to run into some interesting challenges, and it seems like a friendly place to reach out for some help!

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome David - there are a good number of knowledgeable people on cabinetry builds here that you can ask for help.

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome, David. There are hundreds of members in Cary and surrounds, hopefully we'll all be able to gather some time this year!

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Welcome David. When this pandemic 'passes' we get together once a month in Cary - look for it here.

RndmNmbr

New User
David
Welcome David. When this pandemic 'passes' we get together once a month in Cary - look for it here.
I look forward to that! We moved here only 18 months ago and have spent the last year pretty much hunkered down in the house with two young children! I'm very very ready to get out and meet some people with similar interests!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome to the family David, hoping we all can get out and get together very soon. In the meantime, the camaraderie on here is the next best thing.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS