Hello all.

DaltonEdmonds

New User
Dalton
Hello all,
i am new to the site. I moved to NC about 2 years ago from Colorado. I started wood working while in CO, so fairly new to woodworking. I look forward to discovering more information and being a participant in this community.

Dalton

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Another Edmonds, spelled the right way! ;)

Welcome to the community. We love pics, by the way. Don't really matter of what...

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Hello all,
i am new to the site. I moved to NC about 2 years ago from Colorado. I started wood working while in CO, so fairly new to woodworking. I look forward to discovering more information and being a participant in this community.

Dalton
Glad to have you along for the ride here Dalton. Lots of experienced and helpful folks here - just let us know what might be helpful for you.

We love progress and project pics, or design conundrums, or material choice issues, or troubleshooting finishing issues, or talking hand tools, or tool purchase choices (you'll get lots of support here for purchasing almost any tool! - we have several recovering tool addicts, some of whom admit they that they are) or whatever else might be on your mind.
Go ahead, I dare you, and open up a 'can of worms' and ask about how to design or optimize a shop...;), or what the best dust collection system is...

Seriously there are no dumb questions here - we relish assisting WWers of all levels. One thing that this location-based site excels at it providing is info regarding recommended local shops and services - ask where to get wood, or supplies, or whatever you need, and members in your area can provide locations and phone numbers of vendors that serve your area.

Glad to have you - the more info/context you can provide in any question, the more specific an answer can be.

DaltonEdmonds

New User
Dalton
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I found this site while looking for a wood supplier in my area. I love that this site has compiled a list of sources for materials. I just stepped down from my full time position at Lowes to take care of my family and using this opportunity to pursue woodworking. i live in Richmond county but I do most of my work in Moore county, where i have made most of my contacts.

my most recent projects were made using some flooring that i picked up through Lowes that was returned and damaged (boxes got rained on, or somebody returned the cutoffs). They aren't the prettiest, but we were needing more counter space and storage in our kitchen and the price was right. Pictures attached after my wife got done decorating them with pretty things for the pictures. My next project will be to build a butcher block island for more prep space in the kitchen, and a another little table as a eating surface (also made of oak flooring.)

I saw the listing for a gentleman in Raeford on here. i will be giving him a call to see what he has available and see what his pricing is.

Attachments

• pic of tables.jpg
    pic of tables.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 184

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Welcome Dalton, You will find a great bunch of helpful and knowledgeable people here.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS