Held in customs?

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
OK, ordered some v-belts on Amazon for my TS. D&D. S. Dakoda company, warehouse in Iowa. My last ones were marked " made in USA". On checkout, said delivery in about 3 days.

Message from Amazon on tracking : "Held up in customs"

What concerns me, is not a single belt on any machine that was made in China was round and smooth running. Buying D&D is to get a decent belt. Looks like I may have to buy belts from England or pay about ten times the price for link-belts.

Last week, I get a message for a headlight I bought as "undeliverable" and "refunded" Looks like a lot of Amazon is just a front for products in China. Not just Chinese made, we assume that, but no different from e-bay Chinese sellers.

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
D&D Global has plenty of stuff manufactured in China. This has nothing to do with Amazon.

Per their website: "D&D Global is the international manufacturer and wholesale distributor of D&D power transmission belts. Our belts are scientifically engineered using the latest technology and are manufactured using the highest quality materials available to ensure superior belt performance for all of your belting needs."

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
D&D is looking into it. It DOES have to do with Amazon when they say delivery in 3 days and it is not in the country.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
D&D was also puzzled as they were stocked and shipped from here. Who knows what mistake USPS made.
Super customer service I might add.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I had the same issue a while back... item shipped with Amazon prime from Amazon directly and it got held in customs for a few days. Item had been opened when it finally arrived.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Odd. I wonder if it is not customs, but just USPS inspection. They do select for illegal drugs, guns, etc. Anyway, I shud get them today and see how big a difference in makes on the TS.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I wonder. Came today UPS from the Ga. Amazon. I wonder if this is just a BS ploy Amazon is doing for things running late. Blame some one else.

Anyway, after lunch I can put them on and see how it changes the saw. Also got my IR sensor for my dust collector bin.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Very different product but I took delivery, from Federal Express, of a rifle scope today that I ordered 3 or 4 days ago. I ordered it on AlliExpress because I do not like Amazon's politics and it was 33% cheaper on AlliExpress. It had to go through customs but still got here quickly in good shape. The Fed Express tracking shows it came from China. I do not log into the AlliExpress website, I log in through Google. I don't know how much good that does but I haven't had issues so far.

I'd rather buy stuff that is American made but I won't pay what I feel is too much of a premium. Rifle scope is working great so far.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
I always purchase my belts from these folks online.

Some of my replacement belts I selected from the higher end specifications have been going for years without any maintenance needed.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
V-belt Global did not have the right size. Yes, good folks. I check them first.
The D&D belts run great. Huge difference. I mean huge.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS