Height Measuring Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Everyday my daughter (3) asks me to measure her height. She wants to know if she is growing! Well, yesterday morning I decided to make a little something to help. A very simple project for sure, it's a board with markers at each foot, and a sliding stop to mark the height.

We'll paint it up now ..

P1030876.JPG

View image in gallery

These are supposed to be little feet, because when painted the board will be a person and the sliding thing will be his hat:icon_scra
P1030880.JPG

View image in gallery

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Thats pretty Cool Jeremy.

I wonder if my son will be asking the same thing when he gets older? He just turned 1 on the 30th

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great idea Jeremy, and excellent execution. But how do you get into the beer fridge with it up there :gar-La;
We started marking our daughters growth spurts on a trim board on the living room entrance. I found marks from the last family that owned our house in the bedroom closet. Didn't mind, made me think that this is a family house.
Oh, yes she likes to be measured, at least weekly, especially after eating her veggie (we tell her they will make her grow).

Dave:)

bwat

New User
Bill
Great family project and highly recommended. :icon_thum I have a plain board that was used for all 3 of my children and it is fun to compare. There is also a formula to determine (guess) adult height something like 2 times the height at age 2 1/2 or something like that, can't remember (CRS disease) but I do remember that it was accurate for 2 of my 3 children. The third is still growing!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work there, Jeremy! Cool idea!!!:cool:

(Similar to DaveO; my mother inlaw and father inlaw used to measure all of the grandkids heights with every visit to Ohio by marking their height on the trim at the entrance to the kitchen. They have passed, but my brother inlaw who now lives there refuses to paint that one door frame and cover the "history" - my oldest daughter is 27 and the pencil mark is still there!!:icon_thum)

Was this from a plan?

Nifty idea!

Wayne

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
No plan, just an attempt to do something more than a board. I grew up marking my height on my Aunt's trim board to the laundry room and when they moved, that took the trim with them to a new house. Good memories, and fun to compare with our kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS