Hedge trimmer modification

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
I bought this hedge trimmer not realizing how awful its ergonomics were. The heavy motor is out by the tilting blades to avoid transmitting power through the swivel joint. The switch locks off but not on so one hand has to be on the switch all times when the motor is on. Thus, its hard to offset the motor weight with one hand extended holding the switch.
IMG_3402.JPG

After some head scratching, I figured out a way to lock the switch so that the switch hand could be move closer to the motor weight with this block which also holds the lock button depressed:

IMG_3399.JPG

Here is the OFF position:
IMG_3400.JPG

And the ON position.
IMG_3401.JPG

Not a perfect solution by any means, but still an improvement because your hands can be placed to get the best balance (which is still so-so).

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
Don't you risk injury in that if it slips out of your hand the blade is still running? :oops:

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Don't you risk injury in that if it slips out of your hand the blade is still running? :oops:
Theoretically, yes. However, the blades are several feet from my hands. I use a standard hedge trimmer where I can and that switch is momentary, thus safer.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS