Health

cskipper

Cathy
I am so sorry to hear about your health problems. I know that you have overcome a lot of obstacles largely by determination. I am sure that you won't let acceptance equal defeat. Your friendship and willingness to help has meant a lot to me. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the good words. In 2005 I had double pneumonia, the doctor gave me Levequin which is similar to Cipro. I am one of the unlucky few who have a life changing reaction to that antibiotic drug. After 14 years I still get severe swelling of my lips, nose, tongue, hands, and feet at different times and for no immediate reason. I get joint and muscle pain in random and odd places, not like when you work hard and get sore from the work, but just sharp pain for no reason. Sometimes I can’t walk out to the car without stopping and resting on the way, my muscles just give out. None of this is supposedly life threatening, but it sure makes life hard to deal with every day. Once in a while I have a good day and sometimes that is a time to just enjoy, relax, and rejuvenate for a little while. The hard thing for me to accept is this will never go away and it is getting worse in some ways. I am learning to adapt and my employer is pretty supportive and I try not to overburden myself with extra work. I’m trying to make more small things instead of the tables and such that I was moving toward. I really wanted to make sets of furniture for my kids...

Anyway, I felt like I owed you all an explanation for some of my weird behavior over tha last couple years.

I’m sorry I had to back away from the Outreach program and drop out of the Board. It just got to be too much. But I am very happy with the ways things are going and I will try to help when I can. I just can’t be dependable and I think if you agree to serve you should serve dependably.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Do not feel bad about hose things Mike. We understand and you have given a lot since I have been a member. Your knowledge and advice still helps plenty of us. Thankyou

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Mike, Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea you were sick. From what you say your problem is tough to deal with. HANG IN THERE! Some doctor somewhere may have the answer.

Pop

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
hate to hear this mike! you are a great one. here's hoping the drs can figure something different out than you learning to live with it. either way i know you'll keep up the fight.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS