Heads up - plane class may be coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rickc

I thought I would share this information (ie rumor) with the group so you can keep your eyes open, should it come to fruition. One of the TWA members sent this to me:

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]"Tom Ferone at Woodcraft Store has asked me to teach a "Rough to Ready"
workshop March 4 (9-3 pm)...this workshop in the sense that we will be taking a piece of rough stock and turning it into a finished board using planes only. The cost of this workshop is $85, enrollment is limited to 4 or so."

Tom - perhaps you could confirm/deny this, and perhaps might be able to provide some more details?

[/FONT][FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]Either way, TWA's May program will cover the subject of handplanes with an accompanying two day workshop for a limited number of club members on a first come-first served basis. [/FONT]
[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
T

toolferone

The rumor is true. Saturday March 4th. From 9am till about 3pm.
The class is limited to 4 students and is $85.00 Below is the discription as it reads in the flyer:

"In this class you will learn how to use the three hand planes needed to make rough wood into finished lumber. This class covers Hand plane usage, lay out, flattening and squaring of the board while smoothing the surface with the plane to eliminate the need of sand paper. Includes tips on sharpening."

If anyone wants to sign up then please call or come by the store to sign up. You must prepay for the class to be registered.

(I hope it was okay to post this info here)

R

rickc

Thanks for the confirmation, Tom. Guess we would BOTH be in trouble. Me for starting the thread and you for confirming. Oh well. I suspect this group alone could fill up the class!

Just in case you get an overflow, you can always let them know about TWA coming over to invade your space again! Members first, then the rest of the horde!

T

toolferone

Rick, I should thanks for starting the rumor.

The class is full! WOW! I think it was all NCWW who signed up. I guess we can take stand by's and if we get enough offer the class again.

Thanks everybody.

R

rickc

You're welcome Tom! Just remind people to keep on eye on the TWA hand plane offering coming up in May as well as any others you may add.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Im always looking for more education,,please please please let me know if ANYONE is holding classes. I will try to fit it around the army (which is hard at times) but with god miracles happen every day. Be blessed friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS