Hawk Scroll Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I think this is a good deal. I previewed a garage sale down the street and this saw is marked at $295.00. Comes with a stack of pattern books and a bunch of blades. If interested, I can buy it for you and keep it in my garage for pickup.

s-l64.jpg

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Yikes! Just bought another Hawk, a 226 VS Ultra from a gentleman in Cary. I was fortunate to obtain this saw, made in 2000, it has never been used, until this week. My G4 had started running erratically and I began the search for a backup saw. When my wife was out in the shop I told her to watch and listen to the G4 while I ran it; it made me out to be a liar as it ran perfectly now that another shiny red saw sits opposite it in the shop. Still would love details on the Hawk just down the road from you Joe.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yikes! Just bought another Hawk, a 226 VS Ultra from a gentleman in Cary. I was fortunate to obtain this saw, made in 2000, it has never been used, until this week. My G4 had started running erratically and I began the search for a backup saw. When my wife was out in the shop I told her to watch and listen to the G4 while I ran it; it made me out to be a liar as it ran perfectly now that another shiny red saw sits opposite it in the shop. Still would love details on the Hawk just down the road from you Joe.

Wish I had known. I have a Hawk 226 VS Ultra sitting in the corner collecting dust. I would have given you a deal of a life time.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Joe, I think that is a fair price for that unit and all the extras that is included.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
That sounds like a pretty good deal though with everything that comes with it. I picked up a 220 VS about 6 years ago used for a very good price. I loved it up until last year when it started performing like Bruce's experience. It would run some days and not others. After checking for quick things like a loose connection or power cord/foot control issues I lost interest and haven't had time to dig into it further... :embaresse

B

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Wish I had known. I have a Hawk 226 VS Ultra sitting in the corner collecting dust. I would have given you a deal of a life time.

I reckon it's just the difference in our styles Scott. I truly love my Hawk G-4 but it ran erratically for a few days. Of course when my wife came out to the shop to give me a helping hand to set up the 226, I showed how the G-4 had been running--turned it on and it ran flawlessly undercutting my claim that I needed another machine badly. (LOL) I bought the G-4 from a man in FL when the Dewalt DW 788 was down. After using the G-4 I enjoyed it so much I have hardly used the Dewalt since, and now I'm putting it up for sale. It's a Type 1 and was rebuilt at the Dewalt Service Center in Charlotte. It has an Easy Lift on it as well as the light and stand. Very little use since rebuilt. I've tried the 226VS and it seems to be a very satisfactory machine, but only used it for about 10 minutes on a compound ornament cut. The machine is basically a new machine, or old but unused machine so I'm happy! Hope you're enjoying the Hegner in your shop; it's a rock solid machine. I didn't adapt well to it's smaller table. Thank you for the mention, and I'll keep it in mind should I want another.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
OK, scrollers. What should she price this at?

IMG_20171112_131952511_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171112_131721290.jpg

And some 12" wide mahogany

IMG_20171112_132138930.jpg

That seems like a very fair price Joe. That is a 20" machine as opposed to the 26" machines, which indicates the sawing depth. A 20" machine is capable of making cuts on a 40" width piece, albeit very cumbersome and hard to saw accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors