Hat rack / Umbrella stand (done w/ pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I finally finished my first interior furniture project. I've been working on this one for some time, and it took me a while to get to the point where I was willing to try something that I might actually put inside (as opposed to adirondack chairs, little outdoor tables, etc.).

It's a combo hat rack/umbrella stand made out of cherry and jatoba (brazillian cherry) that I got from bluthart during the last Charlotte shop crawl. The finish was light coats of each: BLO > shellac > Target USL and a touch of paste wax for good measure.

Here's a shot of the bottom, which I covered with some copper that I hit with a ball peen about a thousand times:

And its current(final?) resting place, adorned with hats and 1 umbrella (I should have rounded up some more umbrellas for the picture ;) ).

GregSmith

Greg
Corporate Member
Looks good Pete! :icon_thum From the pictures, it looks like the finish came out great. Cool design too.
I just can't picture you wearing a pink GAP hat...

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great work, Peter!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I especially like the copper on the floor of the stand. Real Classy!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

There'll be no excuses for someone misplacing their favorite hat!:cool:

Thanks for sharing!

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Very nice job Peter! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I really like the contrast in those woods. It is beautiful and functional. Nice touch with the copper too. :icon_thum

Trent

Scwood

New User
BigJoe
Nice!!!You should move it out of the corner and move it some where else so it will be noticed right off!!!!

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Thanks, everyone, I learned a lot with this project! I liked the copper part too - I have some left over and I'm going to see what other projects I can incorporate it into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS