Has anyone turned a Guardian pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
or one like it from another source http://pennstateind.com/store/PKGDPEN.html - If you have could you tell me the final diameter of the finished pen. A lady bought one of my Gatsby's and it is to small for her grip - something is wrong with her hand and she needs a bigger grip pen and I was just wondering if this one is some bigger - I can't find the final size if it tells it on the page

jhreed

New User
james
Phillip, I am no expert by any means, but it is my understanding that the diameter of the pens you make have an outside diameter limited only by the size of your blank. You decide when you quit turning to reduce the size of the pen at the position where the fingers grip the pen.
James

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Phillip, I am no expert by any means, but it is my understanding that the diameter of the pens you make have an outside diameter limited only by the size of your blank. You decide when you quit turning to reduce the size of the pen at the position where the fingers grip the pen.
James

James, that is true in most cases - but the Guardian is a single tube and the end of the pen has a longer gripping section on it. It looks bigger but I do not know how much bigger in diameter. I would post a pic from their website but my mouse is parylized on the right side and I can't copy the picture - the specs on the site say that the blank should be 7/8 - I am guessing somewhere around 11/16 finished

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I have no answer, but here are pics:

PKGDPEN.jpg

0024.jpg

P.S. the bushings arrived back here a whilw ago. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS