Has anyone purchased Liogier Rasps recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
Just wondering about the turn around time for any recent orders. My wife ordered me some rasps for Christmas and they still have not made it and there has been no follow up to inquiries. I know this is a small family run business and I am willing to wait a reasonable amount of time, but my wife is getting worried and is about ready to canel the order through Paypal.

Any feedback from those who have recieved their tools? BTW, when she ordered, there was an order by date to receive for Christmas and she was in that time frame.

Also, not trying to start any bad publicity for the company, just want to know what the normal time frame is and if you had any follow up communication to confirm delivery.

Greg

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
They are all made to order. I have several, most arrived in about 2-3 weeks. Maybe the Xmas rush might have put them a little behind. You will *NOT* be disappointed in the quality of the product once you receive them. I use mine all the time. Both Rasps, Rifflers and a Float.

Never had any followup except that the package arrived.

Shortly after a Schwarz article promoting them they got so backlogged that they quit taking orders for several months. The Xmas rush might really have hit them hard. It is a family run business and I don't think they have the ability to ramp production up without sacrificing quality. I never noticed if there was a 'contact us' link on their website. Might try asking for status if there is.

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
Ken, Thanks for the follow up. Yes, there is a contact us email, and my wife and I have both sent emails with no replies so far. I have also PM'd Noel on another Forum that he has posted on before, but so far he has not seen that message - still in my out box. Everything I have read seems to agree with your comments regarding the quality - which is why I am not in a hurry to cancel the order.

Woodmolds

Tony
User
I ordered three late last year. After what seemed like a reasonable(2-3wks) time I forwarded a copy of my receipt and ask for a status. I never received a reply, but did get the rasps a few days later. I'm very pleased with the product and would order again, but only if I wasn't in a hurry.

Tony Joyce

There is a discount code at SMC(Noel posted it), don't recall what it was, but do a search there and it will come up.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Most EU and UK manufacturing lines stop for 2 weeks at Christmas and then aren't back to full steam for a week or so after they start back.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I have 3 or 4 and sometimes it did take a while to take delivery. Noel, the owner is very friendly and forthcoming via email in my experience. I would reach out to him and see where his back-log it sitting.

with the current exchange rate it may be time to order some more! His products are awesome and 100% custom if you want special features.

good luck.

Just wondering about the turn around time for any recent orders. My wife ordered me some rasps for Christmas and they still have not made it and there has been no follow up to inquiries. I know this is a small family run business and I am willing to wait a reasonable amount of time, but my wife is getting worried and is about ready to canel the order through Paypal.

Any feedback from those who have recieved their tools? BTW, when she ordered, there was an order by date to receive for Christmas and she was in that time frame.

Also, not trying to start any bad publicity for the company, just want to know what the normal time frame is and if you had any follow up communication to confirm delivery.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS