Harvey vs ? Bandsaw purchase

teesquare

T
Senior User
Not sure about the Rikon mobile base. I bought some Bora brand mobile bases for several tools, and they seem to work fine. I think there are a number of brands out there that would be sufficient.

Echd

C
User
Harvey has a really weird pricing scheme on their website, they do random "flash sales" constantly.

teesquare

T
Senior User
I see that $3,299 Rikon 10-347 is now $3,799. Really?!

This will make me go Harvey Alpha.
Don't caught in the ping-pong pricing. Shop it hard Their are on-line retailers that discount. Then when you get your best price on whatever you choose - don't wait. Inflation and supply issues are driving prices - in some markets, daily.

Mathoosala

New User
Matt
Went with the Harvey. Great fit and finish, I bought a couple highland woodworking blades to start out with. Seems like a pretty good saw.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
I know this is an old post, but the Harvey Alpha bandsaw is currently $1,999. Strangely, the Ambassador C-14 is $2,300.

Makes me wonder why the Alpha is $300 less. Maybe they are trying to blow them out, so they can make room for new stock? Maybe newly revamped or larger 18"?

Harvey Bandsaws

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
It is. But the most important thing when buying a lifetime tool is to get the correct one. And the Alpha is a tad nicer than the Ambassador, but I think it is nicer than the Rikon. ( guides) The only bad decision is the wrong saw.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS