Harvey C14 Bandsaw

jlcrtr

James
User
Good morning,
The Harvey C14 bandsaw is on sale, as it is every other week, so wanted to get thoughts from owners about their experience with this saw.
Thank you in advance.
James

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
I don't own one. If I were in the market though, a Harvey machine would probably be on my short list (along with the like-kind Grizzly). I've run some lumber on a Harvey Alpha-Series machine and it was a pleasure to use. I've also had a little time on a Harvey Turbo 40 lathe. It felt impressively built. You might touch base with Stuart Kent at the North Carolina Furniture School in Farmville. He seemed to have some sort of relationship with Harvey and has (or had) some of their machinery in his school shop. Sidenote... I volunteer weekly in a shop that has a Rikon 10-326. I like everything about this machine except the blade guides, which I find fussy. However, once you have them set, they are fine. Also, no foot brake. It runs forever after shutoff (which, I suppose speaks well of the wheels and bearings).

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Check with our own member tvrgeek (Scott). I believe he has had a Harvey C-14 bandsaw for awhile now. Seems to like it.

Wayne

jlcrtr

James
User
I don't own one. If I were in the market though, a Harvey machine would probably be on my short list (along with the like-kind Grizzly). I've run some lumber on a Harvey Alpha-Series machine and it was a pleasure to use. I've also had a little time on a Harvey Turbo 40 lathe. It felt impressively built. You might touch base with Stuart Kent at the North Carolina Furniture School in Farmville. He seemed to have some sort of relationship with Harvey and has (or had) some of their machinery in his school shop. Sidenote... I volunteer weekly in a shop that has a Rikon 10-326. I like everything about this machine except the blade guides, which I find fussy. However, once you have them set, they are fine. Also, no foot brake. It runs forever after shutoff (which, I suppose speaks well of the wheels and bearings).
Thank you. I will take a look at the Rikon, too.

Bill J

Bill
User
I have one and really like it. The guides are almost tool free, one has to be adjusted using an allen wrench. I've done several blade changes and used it to make the attached rocking elephant. Lately, i've mostly been using it to replace my table saw for thinker cuts and have been dong some resawing. If you want to see it, I'm in Chapel Hill and would be happy to give a tour (but it looks like
2022-07-23 09.32.04.jpg
you're quite a ways from here).

jlcrtr

James
User
I have one and really like it. The guides are almost tool free, one has to be adjusted using an allen wrench. I've done several blade changes and used it to make the attached rocking elephant. Lately, i've mostly been using it to replace my table saw for thinker cuts and have been dong some resawing. If you want to see it, I'm in Chapel Hill and would be happy to give a tour (but it looks like View attachment 215398you're quite a ways from here).
Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, it would be a bit of a drive. It's down to the Rikon and the Harvey.

jlcrtr

James
User
Well, my Harvey C14 Bandsaw arrives next week. Trying to finish insulation and wall covering in the shed.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS