Hardwood flooring project. Finished!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipper

New User
Steve
OK Honey its done.:eusa_danc
520 sqft prefinished WO 3/4 T&G
I reccomend getting a tennoning jig and dado blade out of the deal as well.

Attachments

• P1310012 (Small).JPG
    P1310012 (Small).JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 179

Badabing

New User
Joe
Nice job! How's your back and legs/feet feeling? I did a room like that and it took me 4 days. Then 4 mos. of recovery :eusa_doh::rolf:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Steve,

The floor came out beautiful.

You got a tenoning jig and a dado set out of the deal? You ARE good:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Maybe you could offer the rest of us some negotiating tips.

Ray

sediener

New User
Steve
Here's my formula...

Cost to pay someone to do it (materials and labor) = X
Cost of Materials = Y
Cost of tools needed to get project done = Z (and yes, honey, I really do need a cyclone to put up your new artwork)

if X-Y-Z is > 0, I get up to 50% of the remainder for toys...
If it is < 0, I should have payed someone... :BangHead:

- Steve

Steve,

The floor came out beautiful.

You got a tenoning jig and a dado set out of the deal? You ARE good:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Maybe you could offer the rest of us some negotiating tips.

Ray

Steve W

New User
Steve
Geez, I've got a bad back and doing my kitchen with prefinished didn't trash my back. I must've been lucky.

Having said that, I did rent the air-powered nailer from the BORG and it is worth every penny of rental cost (I have my own compressor, natch).

12 x 16 kitchen plus small laundry room took a weekend to put down, while alternating time with ham radio Field Day. Not too bad.

mburke911

New User
Mark
Hi,
Check these out: http://www.proknee.com/

I know they are expensive but let me tell you I wouldn't trade my pair. I use these (I have the previous model) more than just about any other tool I own. Any time I am on the floor doing any kind of work I wear them. They are ultra comfortable and IMHO worth every penny.

Mark

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
no, prefinished generally comes fully prepared for installation. just add sweat and nails.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Yep, but no sanding!

I am torn, quite frankly. I love the fact that I did my kitchen in a weekend (while also participating in Ham Radio Field Day, no less) and have a floor that has a much tougher finish than anything that I could have put down, but I just love a properly sanded and finished floor and how it seems to be of a "whole".

I've done both ways, with fir, oak and maple (Gawd, I'm getting old!). I traded off this time, but when I replace the w/w upstairs, I am gonna go with a proper oak floor that I sand myself (or get my young son to sand to teach him some humility). Those of you who have seen the last sanded floor I did before I moved here can appreciate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS