Harbor Freight HVLP Guns

UncleJoe

Joe
Senior User
I painted a motorcycle with that gun back around 2008. It was simply great. I used it from primer to clear and I may have changed needles but I really don't remember. The gun is decent b ut with any paint job prep is everything. I found the gun would lay down a nice layer of paint. Most who saw my bike thought it was a pro job. Some refused to believe I did it.
I also used the same gun to do some laundry room cabinets in Sherwin Williams Pro Classic. Again it is all about the prep and the correct mixture of paint. If your paint has instructions for using a ford cup get one, they are cheap and will make sure your mixture is just right.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
My son also used that gun at least in part to spray his old pickup. I think they might have switched to a more expensive gun at the end, I'm not sure. But it worked. It also uses compressed air, not the high volume low pressure air provided by a turbine. Turbine guns have a connection for a 1 inch diameter hose. This gun has a 1/4 npt air connection. So if you mean a Fuji Minimite turbine, it won't work. But if it is really a compressor you want to use, it will work well.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Own several, use one for primer, and one for each color of paint. Did a stair rail rehab for local "Y" several years back, and used two guns ( primer + black) and another for some grey doors. Used Rustolem, thinned with acetone as per manufactureres directions. Woodcraft used to sell same gun in green instead of purple, and the sold a couple sized needles and tips. For me, it was hard to justify cleaning gun (1/2 hour labor ($40/hr,) and pint of mineral spirits) every afternoon, on a gun that I paid $9.99 (on sale) for. Ran guns off my portable twin stack compressor. I've also painted both my pig cooker using same guns.

mpeele

michael
User
That is conversion gun and will not work with Fuji Minimite turbine, it requires a high pressure compressor. It uses 6 cfm at 40 psi.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS