Happiness is....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Being covered in lathe shavings :-D
I did a little bit of bowl turning at the Extravaganza in Hickory this weekend. I brought a hunk of green Walnut to turn a natural edge bowl. Turning green wood is about as exciting (shaving flying-wise) as it comes. I thought that it would be a good way to draw some interest. While I was turning it Monty caught a great action shot.
Got to love those curlies flying -

IMG_3559.jpg

Thanks Monty, I've been dying to see how that pic turned out.
Obviously I made a big mess :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
That's one thing I really excel at.
Mike, you can see how I am utilizing my turning muscle to it's fullest extent :lol::lol::lol:

Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Oh yeah.. I really enjoyed seeing Dave turn those bowls. I kept trying to get him to open his mouth...

cskipper

Cathy
The on-lookers moved waaay back when he started turning that "out of round" piece! :lol: Watching Dave work on Saturday I now have an understanding of how much he gets done. If they ever need a replacement for the energizer bunny I believe Dave would be an excellent candidate!

Big Mike

New User
Mike
LOL, Dave you do appear to have that tool cinched in under your turning muscle. When you get that turning muscle fully developed it will be much easier to locate the tool.

I look forward to seeing pictures of your natural edge bowl. Have fun, Dave!

sediener

New User
Steve
So is the turning muscle related to the jackhammer muscle?

LOL, Dave you do appear to have that tool cinched in under your turning muscle. When you get that turning muscle fully developed it will be much easier to locate the tool.

I look forward to seeing pictures of your natural edge bowl. Have fun, Dave!

childe

New User
Chris
Just curious! But how was that picture taken. I know with a regular camera it would take some high speed film to do that. It appears as if everything has been stopped in motion. That's cool how all of the shavings are suspended in mid-air. It would make a great calendar Pic!

Chris

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
If it's the picture I saw them taking of Dave turning.. it was just a simple point and shoot digi camera...

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Absolutely Steve, the turning muscle and the jackhammer muscle are one and the same. Once you have enough turning muscle to "dunlop" you are well on your way to being able to keep that turning tool under control....:lol:

Me, I have enough of a turnining muscle that I don't even need to hold onto the tool any more... Just tuck that handle in and sway back and forth a little.:oops:8-O:eusa_thin:rolf:

edspec

New User
steve
:eusa_clapExcellent Picture. Don't you just love the smell of freshly turned walnut as it flys by?

Steve

DavidF

New User
David
That's impressive Dave, you sure have come a long way in the short time you've been turning:eusa_clap:eusa_clap. I am really looking forward to seeing the finished bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS