Hanging Christamas stockings with out a .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

mantle. We don't have a fireplace any more and needed somewhere to hang the stockings (one more stocking coming, the name was drying). I knocked this together in about an hour. I will take it back down and finish it after the holidays.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Tom,

I was just thinking about making somethin g like that too, but I was thinking about using crown molding under the shelf and painting it white. But I kind of like your way, it's a little simpler, and quicker to make. Decisions, decisions:BangHead:.

Anyway, nice job.

Jimmy:)

T

toolferone

This one was all about quick. As a bonus all materials were on hand.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice job on the stocking hanger, Tom:icon_thum!
So, when do you start on the chimney//fireplace/mantle? You know it's just a matter of time!!:lol:

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
That should get the job done.

We have the same problem, so the wife says she wants a mantle. Going to redo the gas fireplace wall by paneling it in cherry, adding a mantle, and doing away with the TV cabinet (getting a 46" flat screen :) ) Here are the before pic and computer rendition and the after rendition with a few other changes to the wall on the right that likely won't happen.

LR.JPG

LR-1.jpg

LR-3.jpg

Bryan S

Bryan
Looks good Tom, most importantly it does the job.

NO Fireplace???? How is Santa going to make it inside?? Looks good!

I wanderd that too once when I was young. Dad closed and latched the wrought iron doors covering our fireplace on Christmas Eve once. I was devestated that Santa wouldnt be able to get in:crybaby2:but somehow Santa made it :lol:

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Great job Tom! Now show us the photos of the newly crafted loading dock where Santa brings in the big stuff :-D.

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Hey, that looks pretty darn GOOD...

... but... what are u going to do when #5 comes?! :slap::eyeslam::cool::-D

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I just put up a stocking big enough to fit my thumb. I hate to have a lot of coal lying about the house.:tinysmile_classes_t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS