Hand Tools Are Up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4yanks

New User
Willie
After a year in my new house (8 months in Afghanistan) I finally have my hand tools mounted to the wall over my bench. It was tedious making mounts for each of the smaller tools, but worth the easy access. I had debated building cabinets but I wanted to keep as much light as possible from the windows.

Attachments

• bench wall.JPG
    bench wall.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 204
  • left tool rack.JPG
    left tool rack.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 195
  • right tool rack.JPG
    right tool rack.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 203

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I am totally impressed, I think you did a fantastic job!

How long did you spend "mapping" out what goes where?

I really liked the angled hanger for your sliding bevel guages.

Nice way to hold your socket chisels too. learned the hard way wood moves and not to hang them by their handles :)

Bravo!

Jim

jglord

New User
John
WOW!

They are gorgeous, I'm sure working from these cabinets will be a joy for a long time. It looks like you've got places for everything, so you know when a tool is out of place - maybe you'll even be able to find it.:lol:

Once again, congratulations.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

4yanks

New User
Willie
Jim,

Mapping out was easier than I thought. I had limited space, so cut the back boards first, then laid out the tools on the boards. I juggled the tools around until I had a working arrangement, then took photos of each. When mounting the tools I worked off of the photos.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Great setup! You did a fantastic job on those! How high is the top of units? Are the planes within easy reach?

4yanks

New User
Willie
Ed,

The lower shelves for the planes is within easy reach. I established their hight before I mounted the boards. The upper shelves require bit of a reach, but not too much. Less used tools reside there.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Whoa Willie! That's imposing. Great collection of hand tools and a place for every tool :eusa_clap

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Those are really sweet, and very practical. Your collection of handtools ain't too shabby either.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap all around!

Dave:)

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Wow! I love it! Such a classic display...I would have to go out and just look at my tools from time to time...and I would have to visit Lie Nielsen/Bridge City Tools/etc. to make sure it looked especially nice...hahahah

Chris

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Great job! Nice addition, a well organized shop make the time spent planning and building worth when your not hunting for something that " I thought I had over there!"

Thanks too for serving and protecting our freedoms - Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS