Hammer Time! a gloat story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

jamie
Senior User
I have been looking in to getting a combo jointer/planer for quite a while. I was going back and forth between what I wanted (a Hammer a3-31), and the grizzly/jet/laguna counterparts.

After quite a few calls, and a couple quotes from Felder on the Hammer, I realized it was out of my price range (~4k delivered, even with the sale).

So, I was all set to pull the trigger on the jet for $2k. That was until I found out that the Felder group was closing their warehouse in California. The guy I had been working with emailed me, said "I have a brand new a3-31 with the mortiser chuck in stock, and it is yours for $2k".

SOLD.

It got here today. I was very nervous about the freight, but the guy was GREAT (from R+L Carriers). He put it in the garage, helped me unbox it, AND helped me take it off the pallet. Plus, he wouldn't even let me tip him.

Now all that I need is a 220 line for it!

hammer_045.jpg

View image in gallery

Just in time for the cherry & curly maple!

jamie

jamie
Senior User
eek, I opened up the lifting bar/mobility kit, and it is only the lifting bar!

The kit is backordered :(

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Now all that I need is a 220 line for it!

Just in time for the cherry & curly maple!

Good news!!! I have that 220V line in my shop. Please PM for directions or I can swing by and pick up the toy. Of course, you are ALWAYS welcome to stop by and use the machine any time you want! :gar-La; :gar-La;

Oh, well, you know what they say about Hammer time..."U can't touch this" :gar-Bi

Very cool gloat. :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Chuck

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Welcome to the Felder Family. That was a great buy and I know you will be happy with it. As to your PM question; there should be an adjustment knob directly under the out-feed table to bring the both tables into a co-planer state.

jamie

jamie
Senior User
Welcome to the Felder Family. That was a great buy and I know you will be happy with it. As to your PM question; there should be an adjustment knob directly under the out-feed table to bring the both tables into a co-planer state.

Thanks Dino!

I went over the machine, and it actually turned out that when they shipped it, they didn't have the outfeed table locked down with the handle-- once I did that, it was much better.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Man you got a steal on that thing. Do they make a shelix head for it?

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Jamie, that is an awesome gloat! You saved shop space and big bucks. Btw, I just looked at your project link and saw the hidden projector. That was slick. :icon_thum

jamie

jamie
Senior User
Man you got a steal on that thing. Do they make a shelix head for it?

I have heard some folks on the felders owner's group trying to go through the steps for it, but apparently it isn't just a quick-order-and-replace thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS