Hammer A3-31

joec

joe
User
I am starting to upgrade my shop equipment and may want to sell my Grizzley 8"jointer and Grizzley 15" planer and go with a combo machine. I would like some feedback from owners of this machine. I also would love to come visit and see it in action when I can get there. Any advice appreciated.

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
I have the 16 inch model and love it. It handles everything I throw at it (except nails of course). I'm a long way from you, but you certainly could come by and test. However, I know there are others much closer. Also, if you call Hammer, they normally have people who have volunteered to show their equipment, and they have a network they can refer you to as well as set up a meeting. I got to see the K3 Winner saw at Phil's shop, and the planner and band saw at another shop in Raleigh.

joec

joe
User
Thanks guys. I have started talking to Felder this morning and will most likely buy one shortly.

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
I live in Winterville and have had a A3-41 for 4 or 5 years. Sweet machine that leaves a smooth finish ready for 120 grit on a random orbit.
I am open to a visit if you want. Two five two five six five 2 seven five seven. Text if interested.

joec

joe
User
I would love to come visit. I have a daughter in Kinston and will make this happen shortly. I was thinking of getting the 12" model. Would you have been satisfied with the 12" if you had gotten that machine?

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
The 12" model is popular as indicated in a lot of forums. I had a 12" J/P machine of Far East origin, but the quality was iffy and I got greedy and wanted more capacity. Boards and glue-ups of more than 12" do not come up often in my shop, but it is nice to have that capacity.
Given the quality of the planed surface I would have been happy with the 12" model and see it a lot in other shops and in YouTube videos.

joec

joe
User
I ordered the A3-31 on Tues. I got the discount and they had someone cancel an order and my new machine will be delivered this month.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS