hall table pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
gonna get extra for this one cause I got blood and guts in it!:rotflm: a pound of flesh outta be worth a bonus.....
ashtable1.JPG

ashtable2.JPG

tis ash from jeff and is unfinished. the drawer has som finish on it the rest I'm gonna try to spray laquer on tomorrow. it was slow going today. I had most all of it cut yesterday and today I sanded to 400 and put it together.

fred

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Great job Fred - you will never forget building this table - sorry you had to put your blood and guts into it

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I may decide to do some inlays on the legs but didnt feel like it today. thats kinda why I didnt shoot it today. I think it need some contrasting wood to spice it up. what say y'all?:dontknow:

J

jeff...

Somethings wrong - it's to perfect - that is a really great table Fred :thumbs_up

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Mighty pretty work.:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

As for inlays: When I get somethin' that far along and looking that purty, I don't mess with it no mo'!!

Personally, I don't think it needs any addition, but it kinda depends on where its gonna sit and what its gonna sit next to.

Guess I'm just not into fancy for fancy's sake.

Go

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Mighty pretty work.:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

As for inlays: When I get somethin' that far along and looking that purty, I don't mess with it no mo'!!

Personally, I don't think it needs any addition, but it kinda depends on where its gonna sit and what its gonna sit next to.

Guess I'm just not into fancy for fancy's sake.

Go

I think you may be right go..... I'm allready gonna mess it up with finish so maybe I wont press the luck!:rotflm:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Fred, take the step, man. Some nice contrasting inlays would really accentuate that piece. If I ever get that good, I'm gonna try anything!!

Nice work!

:icon_thum:icon_thum

J

jeff...

yehbut...... I aint sprayed it yet! :roll: whacha doin next weekend? I need somadat granville county spit!:gar-La;

You gonna spray that pre cat again? Remember nice light coats if you think it's to heavy it is :gar-Bi

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
You gonna spray that pre cat again? Remember nice light coats if you think it's to heavy it is :gar-Bi

yeh I'm gonna try using some retarder in it. LOML says I already got that covered!:rotflm:...................................

J

jeff...

yeh I'm gonna try using some retarder in it. LOML says I already got that covered!:rotflm:...................................

Retarder - you mean No Blush? you have a problem with the finish turning white or orange peeling? The last one looked Ok just a little heavy on the trigger there boss...

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I think that you've done a beautiful job Fred:icon_thum and I don't think that I would add any inlay. Choosing a nice pull will be about all of the decoration it needs. Once again, nice job:eusa_clap.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I may decide to do some inlays on the legs but didnt feel like it today. thats kinda why I didnt shoot it today. I think it need some contrasting wood to spice it up. what say y'all?:dontknow:
I think that would be a great idea. Blood wood comes to mind. Red cedar might also work. :rolf:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
That is awesome. I am having trouble seeing the RED tone in the wood. Nice job blending the colors! :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS