Hall Table - Finished!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
LOML decided a while back we needed a hall table in the foyer. Started this a few days ago, but decided I should post some pics of the progress. Hopefully that will incent me to get it done in a fairly timely manner!

This is the cabriole legs and front skirt dry fitted. Still have to do some shaping on the legs, but they are close.

IMG_0401.JPG

Once I have each side and the back legs fitted, I'll work on finishing up the shaping/smoothing and get started on the top. Still not sure what I'm going to do with the top!

Last edited:

GregSmith

Greg
Corporate Member
Re: New Project Started!

Looks like a great start. I see from your gallery that you cut the joints with hand tools - Nice!:icon_thum

Also, that's a cool workbench.:jealous:

nelsone

New User
Ed

Nice start! Is that walnut?

It is some of Kyle's walnut. The legs are from a beam he cut for me a few months ago. He quartered the beam and I ended up with 4 nicely rift sawn pieces!

Looks like a great start. I see from your gallery that you cut the joints with hand tools - Nice!:icon_thum

Thanks Greg, the joints are indeed hand cut! This project will probably be about 50/50 hand tool vs power tool.

The bench was a fun project I did a couple years ago. The only parts that cost money were the vise works!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy

I was thinking the same thing , the table is well on its way, but the workbench looks great.:icon_thum

Jimmy:)

nelsone

New User
Ed

Since you guys like the bench, here's a pic I took shortly after finishing it. It's a little more beat up now!

spence_may_0651.jpg

Made it mobile with some cam activated risers attached to the feet. The top is from a couple laminated maple bench tops they were throwing out at work and the base is made of poplar from some old apartment doors a friend gave me.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew

Since you guys like the bench, here's a pic I took shortly after finishing it. It's a little more beat up now!

spence_may_0651.jpg

Made it mobile with some cam activated risers attached to the feet. The top is from a couple laminated maple bench tops they were throwing out at work and the base is made of poplar from some old apartment doors a friend gave me.

Wow that sure does look good, :icon_thum and oh so familiar! :eusa_thin Is that the Maple work benches they have all around Base, seymour Johnson I mean? I was able to pick up a huge 8 foot work bench from Kadena and made a kitchen table out of. If you hear of them replacing the work benches throughout seymour, please let me know and I will do the same for you! I work in Phase. And I sure love Maple!:gar-Bi

Matthew & Rachel
Custom Home Audio
M&R Audio

Here's a pic of the Table

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member

Looking really great, Ed!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Legs look very graceful and proportional! Gotta love that walnut!

I really enjoy seeing the progress pictures. Please keep 'em coming!

Thanks for sharing with us.

Wayne

nelsone

New User
Ed

Hi Matthew! The top didn't come from SJ! It's been 18 years since I left the Goldsboro area! I didn't even know I liked woodworking then!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy

Ed,
The bench looks great, I'm sure that you've been getting alot of use out of it.

Jimmy:)

ps. man, I sure do need to make a workbench.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason

Ed,

The bench looks great and the table is coming along very nicely. :icon_thum

Trent

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hall Table

I got a little more done on the hall table today. Side skirts and rear legs. Here are the pics so far.

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

That table is really starting to take shape and looking real good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS