half off sale at architecural salvage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerome B

New User
Jerome
The architectural salavage Peters Design Works, store in downtown Durham, is going out of business. I think that they are losing their building. Anyway everything is half off. I stuck my head in there and is it a toy store. They had stacks of Arts and Craft mantles and those big old oak double tier mantles. They also had tons of doors some already stripped. He has some windows. There was a cool pair of 8' tall french doors. They also had the usual terra cotta light fixtures, funky door knobs, bath tubs that are heavy as heck and have funky feet. Oh yeah reclaimed heat pine.

His prices seemed right nice to begin with and it seems that he is just trying to get rid of the stuff.
If you are renovating a place this is a great time stock up.

The shop is:
Peters Design Works

619 Foster Street, Durham, NC

I hope that this is useful for someone.

Jerome

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
How cool!

May just have to wander over that way.

One can never have too much salvage!

Jim

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
I'd love to go look even tho I have my own stash of doors, mantels, sinks (big old heavy ones)doorknobs, window sash, screens, moldings, etc.

What I do need is one foot for a claw foot tub if anyone heads over that way...
I may call them later.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
To bad they are going out of business - that's actually sad. I refuse to allow myself to become numb to the fact that people are having a tough go at it.

Jerome B

New User
Jerome
To bad they are going out of business - that's actually sad. I refuse to allow myself to become numb to the fact that people are having a tough go at it.

I am under the impression that it is a matter that the owner of the building wants a more upscale client and is highly encouraging him to move or close. I believe that this is the second time that he has run into this situation in the last few years.:tinysmile_cry_t:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors