Had To Say It Again -- Thanks, Stave

Status
Not open for further replies.

richlife

New User
Rich
I've been working on a small carving for a good friend who recently and unexpectedly lost her son (only 38). Over and over while doing this carving (a little different than most I do), I found myself automatically utilizing some of the techniques Mark helped us to develop in his one day class last year. Stave (Mark Strom) just has me thinking/working in a slightly different way that makes use of my gouges and chisels more effective than before. If you should get a chance to work with him, no matter what your skill or experience level, go for it.

And if you haven't already looked through Mark's gallery here or his website (stromcarver.com), I highly recommend it. You'll enjoy it and will be doing yourself a big favor.

So, thanks again, Mark.

Rich

b4man

New User
Barbara
Stave is another one of our jewels in the crown of woodworking! I haven't been able to get around to doing much carving since our class but I have no doubt that he taught me enough that it won't take long to get right back where I left off.

Ditto on the recommendation to take one of his workshops!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I also took that class and learned a lot. Stave is a great person.

stave

New User
stave
I haven't been on here in a couple of months...life has been crazy.

I want to thank you all for the kind comments, it means a great deal to me. Teaching is new to me in a formal format with groups and I do worry that people are getting what they want out of the classes. I will still worry and try even harder but it is great to hear positive feedback especially in such a public forum.

I sincerely thank you all again.

Stave

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have also benefitted from Mark's guidance and truly appreciate it. I am still trying to be a better carver, but greatly benefitted from the start Mark provided.

- Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS