Had a Great Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I attended Roy Underhill's class on dovetails and mortising. It was a great experince. I highly recommend it. The class is a full day 9:00 to 5:30 and you get a lot of hands on experince. Every one made through dovetails, half blind dovetails and a mortise and tenons. I never knew that working with hand tools was so much fun. Also attending were Sash Plane (Steve) Steve Coles and new member Armydad (Bret). Of yes to prove it really happend:

A one leg powered table saw. The top of the head belongs to Armydad (Bret)
1_leg_power_TS.jpg

How did he do that??? :icon_scra
How_does_that_work.jpg

Steve hard at work
S_Coles_hard_at_work.jpg

Steve chopping a mortise
S_Coles_mortising.jpg

Sash Plane and Son.. "Dad you are doing it wrong"
sash_plane_and_son.jpg

Sash Plane "I love it when is works"
sash_plane_dovetails.jpg

Saved the best for last
dovetailing.jpg

Last edited:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Looks like a great time fellas! Thanks for sharing the pictures Scott. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Some comments.

The guy in the red shirt needs to really lose a whole bunch of weight.:gar-Cr:gar-Cr
The guy in the red shirt now knows why he should ONLY be allowed to cut dove tails with a jig and a router.

The guy in the red shirt now knows that all mortise chopping should be done with a router and tenons cut with the Bandsaw.
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Seriously, this was a great class :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I learned a lot and Roy is a great teacher.

The only problem is now I need a set of good mortising chisels :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Great pictures Scott, looks like a fun class!

The only problem is now I need a set of good mortising chisels
Wait, this is a reason to buy tools...what's the problem? :rolf:

jhreed

New User
james
If Roy was involved, I know there was some blood loss, just need to know how much. Just kidding. I am jealous, looks like a fun class. Now, are yall going to teach the class to the rest of us?
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS