GWL Tool Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Well, a little late but I'm close to finishing the tool chest for the Good Will Lathe before it moves to it's next home with Rich - eastern_shore. I still need to hinge the top, make handles and put a couple of coats of finish on it. Except for the birch ply, all of the materials - ambrosia maple and spalted maple - are from Chris - srhardwoods.

There are three 1/2 trays on slide rails in the classic joiner's chest style so you can reach any level without removing the trays. The trays are of coarse removable.

The Pinnacle turning chisels are stored in a rack in the bottom:

A little more work tomorrow, sanding and a few coats of shellac and the GWL kit will be ready for transfer to eastern_shores. Just my small way to say thank you to NCWW for having a program like GWL and for allowing me the pleasure of working with it.

C.

T

toolferone

What a great chest and an awesome gesture! I have been waiting to see this since you told me about it.
Yet another reason this is the best woodworking forum in the world!

M

McRabbet

Chris, That is a marvelous addition to the Good Will Lathe and it will make it much easier for future wood turning apprentices to keep track of the tools for the lathe. Thanks on behalf of NCWW!

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Seems like this GWL is going to need it's own pickup truck soon just to get it from one place to the next. Anyone got one to donate? :)

Great looking tool chest, Chris.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
Chris, excellent work. Turned out really nice, it's always nice to see a finished product from a log I have sawn. now if I could only get in my shop and build something as well.

I look forward to seeing the finish.

Chris

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
That's a wonderful effort on your behalf for the site. Unfortunately, Rich is currently stationed in Texas and won't be home soon, so it looks like you're gonna hafta take that lathe outa the box and make some more round stuff with it for awhile.......:D

b4man

New User
Barbara
Fantastic!
Thanks for your dedication and great thought as is obvious in the entire piece. Looks like you poured a great deal of time into it.

The recipients of the GWL are now twice as lucky:D

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Thanks for the kind words everyone! Yes it will be signed, yes with credit to srhardwoods for the material - and I would like to include a list of all the recipients of the GWL over the years, if one exists or could be derived. Kinda a sign it and pass it along kinda thing. Can you tell I'm kinda soft for "preserving heritage"? :D

That's a wonderful effort on your behalf for the site. Unfortunately, Rich is currently stationed in Texas and won't be home soon, so it looks like you're gonna hafta take that lathe outa the box and make some more round stuff with it for awhile.......:D

Well, gee - I guess I can stall a little more on the finish and make some more round stuff !!!! :banana:.

C.

T

toolferone

and I would like to include a list of all the recipients of the GWL over the years, if one exists or could be derived. Kinda a sign it and pass it along kinda thing. Can you tell I'm kinda soft for "preserving heritage"? :D
C.

I love that idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS