Guys, I hate to tell you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
but I picked up a really sweet deal on a new acquisition for the shop today.

All that I can say is, I REALLY SUCK!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

b4man

New User
Barbara
Oh Scott, thank you so much for the warning. I'm going to weigh the consequences of my envy before I check back on this thread:BangHead:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Scott, knowing what you have in your shop, if you say that you suck, then you really must....but I need the pictures :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
No, sorry, uh-uh, pre-gloating like this with no other information is prohibited. I may have to withhold my "YOU SUCK" when you finally post the details as a penalty!:rolf:

Doug

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Well, I think that I'd better peel the onion back slowly on this one...

However, it order to help prevent some heart palpations, let me start off by saying that it's not the type of item that a typical woodworker would fawn over - in fact, it's not a woodworking tool.

However, if there are any North Carolina Woodworker members that have either a racing or automotive background, then they may be at risk of sweaty armpits, faster heartbeats, faded vision, etc. as the onion gets peeled back..

Although it is not a traditional woodworking tool, it is however, something that can be used with woodworking tools though, and may be found in some woodworking shops where folks have an eclectic background such as referenced above...

Of course, I'm excited - not only because it is now gracing my shop, but also because of the deal I got. It sells new for seven, but I got it for two... (and it's in "as-new" condition!)

I was going to sign off here, but I'll add one more clue... It's big, red, and says "Snap-On" on the front!

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
So...its a large rolling Snap-On tool cabinet. Cool. About 30 years ago I raced bicycles and was a bicycle mechanic. We became Snap-On addicts. Their tools are top notch. I still have them and they are as good as new. I only have a small tool-box from them though:-( .

Congrats.

Doug

P.S. No Pics didn't happen though.:-D

woodworker2000

New User
Christopher
Lemme guess.....must be that Snap-On tool cabinet that was advertised on Raleigh CL yesterday as "Must Sell Today, crazy under-priced"

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
I gotta see pictures, but if it is a big red tool box....maybe we should compare. I've got one from when I was a tech in the dealership setting, full of Snap-on stuff, now it is collecting woodworking dust...and gets used once in a blue moon.:drunken_s

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Woodworker2000 - you guessed it! I've been watching that ad for several weeks - just couldn't justify it because I already had one just like it. However, when yesterday's posting came out I tossed the guy a lowball offer, and dang if he didn't accept it! Seems that he's moving today and either didn't have a place for it or needed the cash...

Loading and moving a 1000 lb toolbox was easy.... the toughest part was explaining the acquisition to the LOML... she didn't exactly buy my limp excuse about buying it to maybe resell! :lol:

pcooper - you bet!

Doug - we've got something in common (the addiction that is!)

sapwood - I missed the Bugatti!

Here it is. The new one is the one on the right... It's kinda hard to see because I have some other equipment in front of it, and I had to take the shot from an angle...

Man, I'm still grinning! :) :) :)

Scott

Attachments

• Snap On boxes.jpg
    Snap On boxes.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 212

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Evidence in hand, you have earned your "YOU SUCK"

nice box, don't know where the first one would fit in my shop.

Lamar

New User
Lamar
Anybody with that many big red boxes in one shop,... Well, a mere "YOU SUCK" doesn't seem adaquate. :icon_thum

Now if you'll excuse me while I wipe the druel off the keypad and continue to turn a deeper shade of green.

Lots'a Congrats, Lamar

"See Hon, I told you I wasn't a tool junkie, notice I didn't even pick that last one up to look at it".... "Well thats hard to do with your arms full" :-D

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Congrats on the score, Scott!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

(Now what will the LOYL say when you start stocking all those new red drawers with new rachets, sockets, extensions, wrenches...........:BangHead: :BangHead: :crybaby2: )

Oh, and by the way YOU SUCK !

Enjoy!

Wayne

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Canuck, since my wife is a Vet and loves critters, I simply tell her that in order to clear the land, and build the pastures, fencing, round pens, livestock ponds, etc, on our farm, I need the tools and heavy equipment in order to accomplish these things for her, so in essence all of these tools are for her!

It's to the point where she admits "yes dear, I know that it's all for me" :lol: :lol: .

So, she's never given me much static re tool acquisitions (in fact, she's even suggested a few of them, bless her soul!).

As to the sockets, extensions, wrenches, screwdrivers, punches, micrometers, etc, fortunately I'm in good shapre here as the box on the left is pretty full (I used to own an automotive machine shop and did a lot of metal fabrication and custom engine building, and I kept my personal hand tools when I sold the shop).

Of course, I can always find something that I "need" in the Snap-on catalog... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS