Guitar pick variety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Peterson

New User
Dave
My wife wanted some guitar picks, so I spent today making a variety so she could hear which one sounded the best. She preferred the sound of the hard maple burl (top of page) the best. Next best favorite was the cherry burl for tone quality.

I looked at some of these on ebay and they cost $5+ each. Most are made at a 2mm thickness.

guitarpicks.jpg

(the button in the middle is just a polished walnut cap to fill a screw hole)

Dave Peterson

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
My wife wanted some guitar picks, so I spent today making a variety so she could hear which one sounded the best. She preferred the sound of the hard maple burl (top of page) the best. Next best favorite was the cherry burl for tone quality.

I looked at some of these on ebay and they cost $5+ each. Most are made at a 2mm thickness.

guitarpicks.jpg

(the button in the middle is just a polished walnut cap to fill a screw hole)

Dave Peterson

Really nice looking picks!!!

2 millimeters = 0.0787401575 inches, this is the reason I don't like the metric system.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
some ash burle makes really nice sound and depending on the strings may have some durability as well

Nice looking work you got there. My daughter wanted some of those but I havent had time to try that just yet

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I keep thinking about trying to do that. I just wonder how they would hold up over time. As hard as I play sometimes I'd be worried they would splinter in my hands. :)

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
next time ur down this way I have an extra blum metric caliper you can have.:)

I use a $10 digital calipers from Harbor Freight. It has both an inch and millimeter setting. easy-cheesy!

Why bother? I'm stubborn and I've succeeded all these years - think I'm going to give into the man now? :rolleyes: Nope... I'll just keep pointing out the obvious about how smaller the metric equivalent is to the good old imperial system. For example 1/2 = .500" but 12mm = .4724" catch my drift? Speaking the same grade - when it comes to fasteners - smaller means weaker my friend. I may be the last man standing with my hand full of good old imperial fasteners, but I'll stand with my head held high. And... I may be a nut but at least I'm screwed on the right bolt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS