Guide Pro Bandsaw Resaw Feather Board

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Curious if anyone here has experience with this feather board attachment on their bandsaw. There is a short video on its usage if you scroll down the Amazon link. I'm wondering if it works as well as advertised.

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Curious if anyone here has experience with this feather board attachment on their bandsaw. There is a short video on its usage if you scroll down the Amazon link. I'm wondering if it works as well as advertised.

No experience but it seems like one would often need both hands for feeding wide boards. A tall feather board attached to the table might be better.

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
A tall feather board attached to the table might be better.
Agreed. I am thinking of building one based on some plans I found. That's when I also came across this attachment and was curious to know how well it works.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Somewhere I did see a maybe, if looked carefully, review of it and it was positive. But price seems outrageous. I too am thinking of making something similar. Seems it would be helpful at the end of a board where you need to push as well as grab the far end and stay away from the blade. My re-saw tends to have a wobble right at at exit.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Jim, thank you for bring this to our attention. It appears to be a simple design (which is good) and looks to me like it could prove to be helpful. While I do not do a great deal of resawing, I am always on the lookout for something that will be make the task more efficient and hopefully safer.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member

Well I can't speak to the BS feather board product - BUT the TS product they (Bow products?) made is light years ahead of any shop made one I have tried, and better than the one or two cheap plastic (no flex) commercial ones I have. I think this TS feather board is so good that I bought my brother one for the few times he uses a TS (I occasionally give him a birthday present, this was it).
My only issue with it is that it uses the miter slots as anchor points, and sometimes I want a feather board out wider than that - so a 'mag-connector' with this would be my ultimate.

I don't generally resaw on my BS, but if the BS product is only half as good as the TS product - it may be worth it.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
For what seems like a thousand years ago, one of the WW rags showed a feather board for band saw which used a piece of laminate for the feather. It was a Tee, with the bottom clamping to the table of the saw. Construction was plywood, if memory serves me correct. Rockler's miter slot hardware could be used to fasten it in place, instead of clamps. Total costs - $0.00 using scraps from the shop.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS