Guess what goes here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
Yesterday's project was to make a couple of little additions to the electrical and dust collection systems....

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

:cool: :mrgreen:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Hmmmm let's see, DC drop and an outlet wired for a 20A 220V connection...it must be bigger than a breadbox.

Monty

New User
Monty
SteveColes said:
I don't think I've ever seen a blast gate on a sewage stack before.:lol:
GMBO :rolf:
Hey, man... after that bean burrito last night I NEED a blast gate on my sewage line!!! 8-O

Monty

New User
Monty
One of the members here asked me about my wiring job, so I figured I would post some more pics to clarify what I did.

* * * WARNING!!! * * *Let me first start out by saying that I AM NOT AN ELECTRICIAN. My house has not burned down yet, but that doesn't mean yours won't if you do what I did. If you want to do some wiring in your shop (or Heaven forbid in your house), you should be really sure you know what you're doing, or HIRE A QUALIFIED AND LICENSED ELECTRICIAN!!!

This is the aluminum-clad wiring that I used - 12 gauge/2 conductor (black/white/green insulated conductors):

IMG_0608.jpg

These are the accessories you need to secure it to the wall, and to crimp it at the panel box & outlet box. You'll find them in the electrical section at Lowe's, labeled "BX-FLEX":

IMG_0601.jpg

This shows how the connector looks at the panel box, with the cable secured within a few inches of the box:

IMG_0600.jpg

Here is the cable with the wall anchors - the cable should be anchored as close to the outlet box as possible:

IMG_0607.jpg

Here is the connection at the outlet box:

IMG_0606.jpg

gator

George
Corporate Member
You have me confused. The direction of the 'Y' is into a 'T' with one side capped and one side going through a wall. If I assume that the DC is on the other side of the wall then that 'T' is a bad thing. If it is a big DC/Cyclone (220V) going in then the incoming is from the 'T' and the incoming from the other side is around the bend of the 'Y', both bad. I will assume that it is a big machine (220V) going in and that you should change the capped 'T' for a 'street 90'.

George

Monty

New User
Monty
Gator - yes you're right. That last 90* turn is not good for smooth air flow. It goes to my DC closet. I have a 120V 1.5 hp dust collector in there, along with a trash can cyclone. I used that Tee because I thought I would need the cleanout, but in reality I haven't had to clean out the pipe yet. I guess I should change it out to a Street 90 like you suggest. So far it works well ---- too well, in fact! It already needs to be emptied again!!!! :roll:

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
Steve, you realize that makes you an evil, evil man?

Insomniac, So if we show up this weekend do we get an early screening?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Posted on 9-18-2005 at 7:30 pm

sapwood said:
And of course, it's easy to visualize a Rikon 18" BS where the Sears 10" was ;-)

Do I win a prize for predicting the future?

Ominously,
Sapwood

Monty

New User
Monty
You must be psychotic or something! (Or is that psychic? :oops: )

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually I do remember you making that statement. And yes, you're right - it actually IS easy to visualize a Rikon 18" BS sitting in that spot.

Oh, and here's your prize: :eyeslam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS