Group Resource Purchase Rocker Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Hello friends,
I just want to see what others may think about this idea that I have been kicking around. I have wanted to build a maloof inspirer rocker for quite a while. Not being close to those that teach it or have done it I am pretty much on my own. Charles Brock from what I can tell has made very good plans selling through highland WW (no affiliation with either) but they are expensive (to the tune of 90.00 for the Book, DVD, and Full-Size-Pattern.

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/Charles-Brock-Maloof-Inspired-Rocking-Chair-Plan.aspx

I was wondering if anyone other NCWWers would be interested in pooling money to purchase these plans and then we will share the info between the payee's (moderators I hope I am not inadvertently stepping on any toes)

I am not a cheapskate by any means but I cant sling a hundred bucks toward plans. Especially after the great "TarHead-Mortise-Chisel-Incident of 2010". If anyone is seriously interested in doing this just PM me and we can work the details out. If no one is interested thank you for your time and have a blessed day friends.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I am not a cheapskate by any means but I cant sling a hundred bucks toward plans. Especially after the great "TarHead-Mortise-Chisel-Incident of 2010".

Yeah, I'm really surprised he still has the audacity to hang out around here after that fiasco. Now I understand the origins of his handle "Tarhead" ... and here I thought it had something to do with being from NC... but now I know he literally has a tarred head!!! :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

If I were in the market for a rocker I'd jump on your offer, but I'll have to pass on this. Just an FYI, but you may wish to investigate the copyright on the plans. They might not mind sharing the DVD and/or book so much, but I have a feeling they may have some objections to sharing and/or copying the actual plans/patterns with multiple individuals since they represent the license to lawfully reproduce the design. Just thought I would mention such, I'd hate for anyone (or this site) to get into trouble with respect to copyright violations.

(from someone who's out over $250 for Tarhead's "great deal") :eusa_doh:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Michael, you might ask your question a different way: "Does anyone already have plans they'd be willing to share?" I think some members have built Maloof style chairs and may have the plans already. As long as it doesn't violate any copyright laws, this may be a cheaper way to go.

Just a thought.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS