Group Buy: Niles #301 Bottle Stoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfre

New User
Manfre
I really enjoy turning bottle stoppers and I plan on placing a decent sized order for SS Niles #301 stoppers. Anyone want to add a few on to my order? Either post the number that you want.

These are small, so it should be very easy to PE. I live in SE Cary, work in Durham (I-40 near off exit 282) and will most likely be doing a trip to Charlotte in the next month, which gives a few PE starting locations.

Order will be placed Monday 6/13 (afternoon)

Costs: (includes shipping)
Stoppers: $5 each
Bit: $4.25
Mandrel: $25

Orders
Manfre - 30 +Mandrel +Bit
DanR - 10 +Mandrel +Bit
Leviblue - 10 +Mandrel +Bit
Joe Bradshaw - 20
sailortom - 10 + Mail
ScottM - 10
Mt. Gomer - 10 +Mandrel +Bit
Russ Denz - 10 +Priority Mail
woodArtz - 10

bottle.stopper1.JPG

The most popular bottle stopper for woodworkers with a 1/2" high, 3/8" x 16 tpi threaded stud. They are machined in one piece so there's no worry about it coming loose. Use a 23/64" or 9mm or O size drill bit for threading stopper into wood.

Drill Bit - $4.25 - Stub, 23/64", HSS drill bit, 1 3/4" flute length and 3 1/6" overall length.

Mandrel - $25 - #2 Morse taper bottle stopper mandrel, black oxide coated to prevent rusting. It has a 3/8" x 16 tpi stud that has a slit in the threads making it a tap, thus eliminating the need to tap separately. The back end is threaded and accepts a 1/4" x 20 tpi drawbar.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
I'll go in on 10.
Now I will need to figure out how to turn the darn things. I see my toy box filling up with new goodies...:eusa_danc

Joe Bradshaw

New User
Joe
Put me down for 20. I can come by your house and drop off a check, or use snail mail. PM me as to which way would be best for you. Ruth is a delightful lady to talk to, and even nicer in person.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
If I may speak from experience, (not mine; Pchristy's) let this run for a while and you will reap the rewards. Keep it bumped to the forum top and you will get all the orders you desire. Phillip has done a few of these same group buys and they were successful. For me, I still have twenty five or so I have not done anything with:swoon::wconfused:.

sawduster

New User
Robert
I'll go in on 10.
Now I will need to figure out how to turn the darn things. I see my toy box filling up with new goodies...:eusa_danc

do yourself a favor and go ahead and get the mandrel ....I'm glad I did :icon_thum There are lots do ways to do them, but I have had great success using Ruth's mandrel and a Jacob's chuck . Easy as knittin' kitten britches :icon_cheers

I would go in too but I still have some left from Phillip's last buy . Still, it's tempting to get 10 more :mrgreen:

I'll follow along and decide later :icon_thum

manfre

New User
Manfre
Manfre,
Can you add a mandrel and stub bit to the order for me please?
Sure. I sent an email to Ruth to confirm that the mandrel and bit just count as additional pieces in the shipping calculation.

@sawduster, fire up the lathe and finish those off! :)

@TracyP, thanks for the tip. I'll delay ordering until the following Monday (6/13) to give an extra weekend for people to see this post and make up their minds. I can't really delay too much longer because I need time to make a few gift stoppers to bring to family members on the July 4th weekend.

DanR

New User
Dan
We've reached the 100 quantity price break. Each stopper is down to $5.

Thanks for running this Manfre. Do you want cash when I pickup, or a check now, or something else?

And thanks Travis for pushing us to 100 :)

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Thanks for running this Manfre. Do you want cash when I pickup, or a check now, or something else?

I was trying really, REALLY, hard to ignore this thread.... Oh well..... ;)

manfre

New User
Manfre

Either cash at pickup or a mailed check is fine. I planned on PM'ing my address when I place the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS