Group buy / I will have available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm getting ready to order about a dozen bent knives and ten small straight knives.

The price is $17 for the bent and $14 for the straight.

I tried several things twenty years ago when i was finding my way to spoon carving and this knife works well enough for the price. There are better ones out there in the $60 and up range.

The straight knife works well for carving or can be used as a marking knife.

I'm also ordering a couple straight draw knives ( $25 ) that are pretty good for push cutting on the outside of a spoon bowl.

164.jpg

220.jpg

120.jpg

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
This one is single edge, They have two versions of double edge but I don't like them because I tend to want to push the blade with my thumb.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Scott, I'm not set up to be a retail store.

This is the regular price and I am getting free shipping.

I am ordering these for my class and will have some extra.

I'm not keeping up with individual requests unless it gets to be more than I had intended to order.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
NP Mike...I just wanted to be sure you did not need some minimum quantity for that price..

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Mike put me down for all three friend! Someday I hope I find my way back to actually sit down with you and make something. Maybe you can teach me the fine art of spoon making someday. Just let me know the best way to get the money to you.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I put in my order and should ship in the next week or so, I didn't realize the store was closed this week for vacation.

Michael,

I think the shipping will be more than the knives. I think I can get you a source closer to where you are. Still in Germany?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Me too!

Ah, I really haven't set a date yet. I need to build some shaving horses.

Before I can do that i need to bring my lumber from the farm. :help:

Anybody want to help move lumber and shop fixtures Saturday? :dontknow:

Maybe I need to see who already has a shaving horse and who among the spoon students would want to build a shaving horse as a separate class.

My portable, storable design uses a 2' x 10' x 10ft pine board for the whole build. You could use hardwood as well.

I plan to build a monster horse with a vise on the end and dog holes for planing and sawing boards. I have some cypress 12/4 x 10 for this.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Mike I would like one straight and one bent knife if you have any extra. Will pay shipping for a flat rate box if that is okay. Altho I would like them, hope you max out on your class. Too far for me to get there.

Go

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
These are the carving knives I have for sale. The handles are what they are, the price had to be reduced somewhere and the blades are top quality. I haven't tried to rehandle one yet, but a nice cocobolo handle would make this one fine knife.

I have 8 full curved knives-single edge $17 ea,

1 less curved knife double edge $20,

2 draw knives $25 ea, and

4 straight knives a little longer (next size by mistake- you could grind down if you want) than I thought I ordered $15.50 ea. These are very high quality laminated blades.

I will sharpen any of these for $3 ea. Mailing at USPS rate, arrange pony express or pick up at one of my workshops.

IMG_08462.JPG

jpaup

New User
JP
Mike,

I am interested in one of the full curved knives. Can you PM me your address and I can pick up at your shave horse workshop.

Thanks,

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
That's a long way to go for just one knife.

I'm sure there will be people coming for the workshop that would be glad to bring it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS