Group Beeswax Buy $5 / lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfre

New User
Manfre
Brushy Mountain Bee Farm, a NC company, is offering free shipping on Monday for large orders. I plan on buying a bunch of beeswax, among other things so free shipping is already guaranteed. Price is $15 for ~3 lbs, comes as a 2.5-3 lbs block plus chips to get to 3 lbs. Pay by cash, check, or credit card when you pick up.

Pickup or PE only. No shipping because the blocks would need the ~$10 flat rate shipping box and it would cost about the same to have it shipped directly from Brushy Mountain. If you're interested, reply to the thread with how many multiples of 3 lbs that you want. (I'll be surprised if anyone other than me wants more than 3 lbs)

Compare to $13.99 for 1/2 lbs of yellow beeswax at Woodcraft.

Raw Settled Beeswax

450beeswax.jpg

We use only light cappings wax and liquefy it at 180 degrees for 24 hours. The wax floats to the top and the trash sinks to the bottom. We pump the molten wax from the middle and mold it in bread pans. The resulting product is very clean with a consistent color. Sold by the pound.

NOTE: This beeswax is sold in neat uniform 2 1/2 to 3 lb. blocks. We break up and chip off pieces to make up the exact poundage ordered. Your beeswax chunks will vary in size and shape but will equal the amount ordered.

[STRIKE]KenOfCary - 3 lbs
SteveHall - 3 lbs
Mike K - 3 lbs
zapdafish - 3 lbs
MarkE - 3 lbs
hymie123 - 3 lbs
ck1999 - 3 lbs
fsdogwood - 3 lbs
scsmith42 - 3 lbs
MikeH -3 lbs[/strike]
hholgate - 3 lbs

Total: +33 lbs

DWSmith

New User
David
Free shipping for large orders? How large must the order be? Does it have to be ordered on Monday? I'm interested in 15 to 30 pounds.

manfre

New User
Manfre
Free shipping for large orders? How large must the order be? Does it have to be ordered on Monday? I'm interested in 15 to 30 pounds.
Cyber Monday: Cyber Monday is the internet's response to Black Friday at the brick and mortar stores and is always the Monday after Thanksgiving (November 28). No long lines, no rushing, just the comfort of your keyboard and mouse. This year we are offering free shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states as well as at least 10% Off on all items in the "Holiday Gift Ideas" section of our site. Here is the fine print: orders must to over $100 to qualify; excluded from the free shipping are buckets of corn syrup, honey, glass jars, and truck shipments; to get the free shipping and special prices, you must enter PCCM into the promotion code field of the cart. Once the code is entered the special pricing will be visible.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Another option is to buy from Michaels with 40-50% off coupon. I think their normal price is 10$ a lb.
Salem

manfre

New User
Manfre
@eyekode, That's a good option, especially if it's beeswax beads for about $5/lbs. The beads are easier to work with compared to solid blocks.

@MikeH, I make beeswax candles and also use it to make wood finishes.

manfre

New User
Manfre
Manfre,
Can you comment on their candle making kit:
http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/Candle-Maker-Beginners-Kit/productinfo/538/

and what else is in your wood finish recipe please?

Thanks,
Dan

I have that votive mold and the pitcher. You'll need a pot big enough to fit the pitcher in it and optionally a trivet to put under the pitcher in the pot. I've never used silicone spray when making candles. I wait for them to cool for about 15 minutes or so and then put it in the freezer for another 15 minutes and they are easy to pull out.

I've just started to experiment with wood finishes. Burnishing things on the lathe has worked out well. I plan on mixing beeswax with olive oil for use on baby toys and experimenting with a few other wax/oil finishes. When I find a recipe that I like, I'll be sure to share it with the group.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I am not sure if Michaels has beads. I bought a 1lb block from them. I use it as the second part of a Maloof finishing shedule and agree beads would make it easier to dissolve.
Salem

DWSmith

New User
David
Thank you for the heads up on this offer. I will place an order Monday for 23 pounds so I can get the free shipping for more than a $100 order. This is what I would normally use in about 6 months so the free shipping will help. I just purchased 10 pounds from eBee Honey in Ohio and the shipping was about $13 so I estimate I have saved at least $26 overall.

manfre

New User
Manfre
Thank you for the heads up on this offer. I will place an order Monday for 23 pounds so I can get the free shipping for more than a $100 order. This is what I would normally use in about 6 months so the free shipping will help. I just purchased 10 pounds from eBee Honey in Ohio and the shipping was about $13 so I estimate I have saved at least $26 overall.

Cyber Monday: Cyber Monday is the internet's response to Black Friday at the brick and mortar stores and is always the Monday after Thanksgiving (November 28). No long lines, no rushing, just the comfort of your keyboard and mouse. This year we are offering free shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states as well as at least 10% Off on all items in the "Holiday Gift Ideas" section of our site. Here is the fine print: orders must to over $100 to qualify; excluded from the free shipping are buckets of corn syrup, honey, glass jars, and truck shipments; to get the free shipping and special prices, you must enter PCCM into the promotion code field of the cart. Once the code is entered the special pricing will be visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS