Grizzly Jointer: 0855

Status
Not open for further replies.

agrieco

anthony
Corporate Member
Hi,

I'm sure I'm one of at least a few here that have a Grizzly jointer on backorder. My original order was for a 0656- 8" jointer. Current estimated date it comes off of back order is end of Jan, 2019. When looking around yesterday on their site, I saw they now have new 8" jointer models (0855) which appear to be roughly in the same class and roughly the same price range. Upon contacting Grizzly, they said the new models will come off of back order basically basically a week later than the 0656.

Does anyone have any insight on the new vs older models? I'm trying to figure out if, besides the obvious price difference, what is the difference. I see substantial difference in weight, and a bit of difference in RPMs, but otherwise, looks like a wash....

thanks

(link to new model) https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly-8-x-72-Dovetail-Jointer-with-Built-in-Mobile-Base/G0855

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
Take a look at Craigslist, "Winston Salem". Someone has a G0490X listed for either $700 or $750. It was there earlier today but don't know if it still is. I thought it would go quickly but it's been there 2 days already.

redknife

Chris
Corporate Member
Agreed on Frank’s comment. It is interesting that the new model 0855 is listed at about 373 lb vs 522 lb for the 0656. I didn’t compare the parts diagram, but that is a pretty big difference in weight.

agrieco

anthony
Corporate Member
Agreed on Frank’s comment. It is interesting that the new model 0855 is listed at about 373 lb vs 522 lb for the 0656. I didn’t compare the parts diagram, but that is a pretty big difference in weight.

I missed that deal on CL. Thanks

Chilihead

New User
Chilihead
following the thread.

I don't have much to offer here. I have a late 1980's 8" Grizzly that works just fine. The overall design has changed very little from mine, except they now have 2 pulleys instead of 1. I'd say quality control is the biggest factor here, and in general, Grizzly gets very consistent marks on that. Probably can't go wrong on either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS