Grizzly grinder for sharpening lawn mower blades

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
I've got one of the HF grinders. It comes with an extra set of brushes. I used them because I was doing more that it was intended for IMHO. I was cutting alot of square tubing and angle iron when I was fab'ing up a bottling stand as well as smoothing all the welds and getting ready for paint. I think I overheated it, but after I put the second set of brushes on (super easy to change) it has been running like a champ for 5 years albeit not as stressed as before. https://www.harborfreight.com/4-12-in-5-amp-heavy-duty-angle-grinder-60372.html This is the one I got and I'd call it worth the $20.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Like Bill and James, I too use an angle grinder (4-1/2"). Here on the farm we have to resharpen mower blades frequently, and I'm interested in the quickest, most efficient method.

We don't even bother to remove the blades anymore; just raise the mower up and sharpen them in place.

I can certainly attest to that experience. Growing up in north Florida I had to resharpen all of our mower blades several times each week and a blade rarely lasted more than two weeks before it was too thin to resharpen any further, thanks to hours of continuous sand blasting from all the loose sand and Bahia grass. Though I did remove the blades so that I could get back to mowing sooner since a blade swap on a commercial mower deck only took about two minutes provided you had spare blades ready to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS