Grizzly G1023 owners in Piedmont Triad area

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Checking to see if anyone in the Winston Salem, Greensboro, High Point (or north) area have a Grizzly G1023 series table saw that would be willing to let me see it / get a feel for it right quick ?

I only ask as my colleague has the G0690 model table saw and he let me get a feel for it today. I've read about every forum thread on Lumber jocks and many on this forum where both saws are compared but I'd really like to be able to see / feel a G1023 as well just to see if it sways my decision to narrow it down to a definite model vs being happy with either one. I'll be getting the extended rip capacity model either way but I'm just concerned with the guts of the saw comparisons in person.

I'll be upgrading my old Delta contractor saw in a year or so and figured I would go ahead and narrow my choice so that whenever I'm ready to buy I do not have to research anymore as I know it's a hard choice between these two saws and I know I'd be happy with either.

Thanks either way !

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I have the G1023RLX. I have not compared it to the G0690 series. I would buy the G1023RLX again today if I needed another table saw. It does everything you need it to and then some. I also have it on the mobile base. Great saw. Any questions, just ask.

Red

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Thanks for the input. I've heard nothing but good from either machine. I actually like the look of the G1023 series better than the G0690 series and on a side note after handling the G0690 from my friend I was able to handle the SawStop and Laguna (both only 1.75 hp) and I felt the Grizzly quality was on par and actually felt bigger / better than those much higher cost machines w/ less power. I'm dead set of the Grizzly's just need to see and handle in person at some point the G1023 if ever possible.....but again I do not feel I'd make a mistake with either model series and I'm 95% sure I want the extended table unlike many who have regretted the long table. I would for sure have it on a mobile base as well.

Thanks again !

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I've had a Grizzly G1023 xls for 12 years (it is a pre-riving knife model) and it has been a flawless performer in my shop. Well made 3 HP 10" cabinet saw.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Get the 1023RLX and you wont look back. It's nice having the 53" rip capacity. It's there when you need it and at some point, you will need it. There is a 10% Grizzly coupon on the cover of Woodworkers Journal if you are a subscriber or know of someone who is!!

Red

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Thanks to all who have chimed in, offered up offerings to come out to your shops if I'm ever I your area, and for the thoughts on this quality machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors