Grizzly Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
So I needed to order a simple On/Off switch from Grizzly..... heres the package tracking... it goes from UPS to USPS for final delivery... why didnt they simply
mail it initially????
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    57 KB · Views: 371

cfield60

jeff
User
UPS is just soooo busy now with Christmas packages they are recruiting help from USPS. You may also notice they are using Penske trucks also in certain locations but just during this time of year.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
UPS is just soooo busy now with Christmas packages they are recruiting help from USPS. You may also notice they are using Penske trucks also in certain locations but just during this time of year.
No, its not just Christmas, I had this happen the last time too!.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Yep- USPS is handling the "last mile" on a lot of UPS stuff. Year 'round.
Even delivered in my neighborhood this past Sunday.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
UPS hands off small packages to USPS based on size, weight and delivery efficiency. Some of their sorting facilities are literally combined and is an amazingly efficient operation. This is a year around operation and not just during peak times. I have been involved in building these centers and it is really impressive to watch the operation- detailed, smooth and fast

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
UPS hands off small packages to USPS based on size, weight and delivery efficiency. Some of their sorting facilities are literally combined and is an amazingly efficient operation. This is a year around operation and not just during peak times. I have been involved in building these centers and it is really impressive to watch the operation- detailed, smooth and fast

When it works.... I've had mixed results. In fairness, it has been much better recently. But I've had late deliveries (like days late) and a couple of packages "disappear" even though USPS says they were delivered. Amazon stepped up both times and overnighted replacements.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
UPS has been doing that a lot. This summer I ordered a pair of New Balance online and chose UPS. Two days later I decided to get another pair of the same shoe, this time I selected USPS. They both arrived on the same day from USPS, after looking at the tracking on both, the UPS sat in there system going nowhere then transfered, while the USPS kept moving along.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
UPS calls the service "UPS Surepost" and it happens all the time with Amazon packages that I order. Never had a problem with it.

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
Yup. both UPS and Fedex have the same type of program. Surepost for UPS and SmartPost for Fedex where they use USPS for last mile delivery. I haven't had any problems with it, apart from our new USPS mail carrier being terrible as of late (but that's not related to UPS Surepost)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS