Grizzly 6" Jointer w/Mobile Base - $250 (Carolina Shores)

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Not mine, etc.

Grizzly 6" Jointer w/Mobile Base - $250 (Carolina Shores)

1590758056183.png

DustinS

New User
Dustin
Claimed. Thanks for the heads up! Now does anyone know the best way to fit a 6" jointer into a full size SUV? Do i need to disassemble the base from the table and is that complicated? I checked the manual and it seems like you can unscrew the front panel, pull the belt and its just 3 bolts holding it to the table.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Do i need to disassemble the base from the table and is that complicated? I checked the manual and it seems like you can unscrew the front panel, pull the belt and its just 3 bolts holding it to the table.

My old Jet 6" jointer was a simple matter of removing some bolts and throwing the two remaining pieces in the back of the van. The base isn't bad, but the top is pretty heavy.

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
If it’s set up like my grizzly you would just loosen the motor bolts to release the belt tension, then 3 or 4 bolts into the top and you could separate the base from the top. When ever you get one, don’t pick it up by the indeed/outfeed tables. If they are already coplanar you would throw them out. You’ll likely need to do some adjustments anyway but that can really throw them off.

DustinS

New User
Dustin
Okay. I think I have a 2x4 I can chop in half and strap to it. I like that idea.

Out of curiosity, I know the whole thing weighs about 240 pounds. Any clue what portion of that is the top? It would be me and my lovely 4 month postpartum wife. Hopefully we can properly maneuver it.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Out of curiosity, I know the whole thing weighs about 240 pounds. Any clue what portion of that is the top? It would be me and my lovely 4 month postpartum wife. Hopefully we can properly maneuver it.
The top is by far the heaviest part. The base you can easily lift by yourself. If you need help unloading it/ moving it into your shop, just holler.

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
Take the fence off as well. It is pretty heavy. The bulk is still in the body but will help. I would do like Bruce said and use a 2x6. When you flip it over the 2x6 will give you give you a better grip. I think I have one in my garage that should be long enough. If you want to use it I’ll go measure it and make sure.

DustinS

New User
Dustin
Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for the tips. My wife decided since we were that close to the coast we should stay a night at the beach and show our 4 month old the ocean. Even with the million pounds of stuff it takes to keep a baby alive and happy that inevitably fell on top of the jointer, the 2x4s and strapping kept it straight and level. I double-checked it after getting it back together yesterday and I cant slip a .0015 feeler gauge anywhere under my 4ft level.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS