Grizzly 12in planner problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Just wondering if anyone has ever dealt with the pressure feed roller on a portable planner. Does anyone has the same model and adjusted the rollers? Thanks for your help everyone.
Michael Garner

P.S. the left side roller is out of wack. lol

Mountaincraft

New User
William
When you say the left side of the roller is out of whack, do you mean that the rubber is more worn on the left side, or is the whole roller racked?

I currently have a Delta 12.5 portable, but it is not the first. If the roller is worn, you must replace it. If the frame is racked, you can make adjusments, but it will move again. If your depth adjusment has a chain underneath, you can unhook the chain, twist one column till the roller is straight, and rehook the chain (make sure you have a master link if the one on the chain is crimped). This, however, will adjust the whole head.

If the roller has moved out of parallel with the planer head, I don't know what to do with your model. There may be an adjustment, you may be able to shim it, or it may be shot.

Grizzly's customer service has always been most helpful. The number is
570-546-9663.

You can use this as an excuse to buy a new planer. I would have as my portable the Dewalt 3 blade, 2 speed 13" for $500, but got the Delta 12.5" in a swap. The lighter duty Delta 12" works fine, but the head doesn't lock, the knives aren't indexed, and it is fussy. It costs $200. Same with the older Griz. Don't know if they changed this for the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS