Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
My name is Steve DeWeese and I recently stumbled across this forum. I live in Western NC in the Hendersonville area. It's great to hae a resource that is dedicated to locals. I've been woodworking as a hobby for about 10 years and primarily have built furniture. I bought an older home 2 years ago and have been doing a large scale remodel. My current project is a complete rebuild of the kitchen with Walnut cabinets and a combination of granite and Cherry counter tops. I'm nearly done with all of the cabinets and then will complete the doors and drawers.

I'm mostly self taught thanks to some great web resources, magazines and a willingness to take on projects that are over my head. If anyone knows of any woodworking groups in the Hendersonville / Asheville area, I'd appreciate hearing about them.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
WELCOME, it's good to have you here. Don't know about ww'ing groups in your area, but there are many members from your parts that should. I would love to see your cabinets, finished or in progress, pictures are really enjoyed around here. I look forward to your input. Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome to the board and thanks for posting. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

As far as the western part of the state, I haven't even been there yet, so I can't help, but I sure somebody can.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Thanks,

I'll see if I can post a few in the next couple of days. I have most of the cabinets in and I'm currently working on the last set of base cabinets. Once those are complete I'll move on to doors and drawers. It's been a lot of fun and I've really come to appreciate the pocket screw. They work great except when you try and cut a biscuit slot where the screw is!:BangHead:

Monty

New User
Monty
8-O I'll bet that got your attention!

Oh, and don't let the pocket screw police know you were using a biscuit joiner instead of MORE POCKET SCREWS!!! ;-) :lol:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I added some pictures of my current kitchen project in the gallery. Still a long way to go to completion but I'm getting closer.

Steve D

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve D, your kitchen is coming along beautifully. I really like the Cherry counter topped prep area. What an excellent idea, if it wasn't so beautiful you could chop right on it and just sweep the waste into the sink. You need a cherry cutting board to go on top of it:lol: . Thanks for posting those pics. Dave:)

Last edited:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Thanks Dave, you read my mind. The cutout for the sink will soon be that cutting board. I'm really pleased with how it came out. I had to hand plane it flat and had never done that before. This top alone justified the purchase of a Jack plane, a new 6" bosch sander and a new bosch jig saw. I love projects:eusa_danc

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS