Greetings from Lena Il

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsmodels

Bob
Senior User
Hi
As you may have noticed I am a bit far away about 3 mioutside Lena, IL.I am about 25 mi fromthe Mississippi River and 6 mi south of the WI state line.I appreciate the moderators letting me join. I spent my entire career, 34 years, workingfor Bell Laboratories in IL. I startedinto woodworking in the early 70’s when we purchased our first home.I build tables, a dining room hutch and basiccabinet’s etc.Just all aroundprojects.In the mid 70’s I got hookedon metal working, ie outdoor live steam locomotives for about 25 years, thenfor the last 12 years on smaller projects and small gas engines.Ever since we retired and moved to ourpresent place, a log home with no drywall anywhere we both really like wood, Ihad wanted to get back to doing some woodworking.I still had all my machines and lots of stock.I have had a dust collection system of sortssince I started in the hobby.I decidedthat if I was going to get back going I wanted to install a nice system.I am installing an Oneida Pro 2000 5HP systemnow and will be posting a build sequence on it – lots of pictures.

My immediate plans are for a large built in displaycabinet about 14’ long, red oak, lots of glass.

I hope my experience in metal working, and CAD drawingwill allow me to bring a slightly different approach to some problems presentedon the forum.

Bob Nawa

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Welcome to the Forum, a lot of great people and a vast amount of knowledge in this forum

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Welcome Yankee :) from the frozen tundra of northern Illinois. I'm from the heartland of Creal Springs Southern Illionis. How far are you from Wisconsin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors