Greetings from a Welsh guy now living in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brogan

New User
Hello All.

We have recently moved to the area from the UK (London).

I did a bit of woodworking many years ago after leaving school (30 'ish) so have a basic understanding.

We're currently having a house built in Apex and I plan to do some modifications and upgrades myself so will be posting very soon about some of the projects I plan to undertake, and hope to get some feedback and critique (things have changed quite a lot since the last time I did anything with only hand tools).

Regards

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Re: Greeting from a Welsh guy now living in NC

Welcome to the sawdust pile Brogan

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member

Welcome aboard, Brogan. You have come to the right web site.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe

Welcome aboard! Try to attend the Raleigh luncheons and meet some of the local members.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User

Welcome to the forum.

Red

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

Welcome to one of the most friendly websites in the region. We have a forum "DIY - Home Improvement" dedicated to the kind of Do It Yourself and Home Improvement projects you're discussing. Ask questions, give advice when you have it and generally participate to get the most out of this site.

Do try to join us the 3rd Friday of the month at Carolina Ale House in Brier Creek for the Raleigh Lunch Bunch. You can meet some of the local members and generally talk shop. From Apex it is just up I-540 to US-70. Watch for an announcement the week of the event in user announcements. It will have complete directions, etc.

Frank Berry

New User
Frank

Welcome to our great state and great forum. Great group of people here too!

Brogan

New User

Thanks for the welcome, all.

I'll make a note of the meet and try and make it.

Brogan

New User

Just wanted to follow up and say thanks for the welcome and all the help and advice I've received.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member

​Brogan, Welcome to the Old North State and to a grand on-line organization.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Brogan, Welcome and we love pictures! The saying goes around here, if you don't share pictures, you didn't really build it! Someone will be posting links to instructions on how to upload pictures to the site. Welcome!

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome to our little spot on the web Brogan, glad to have you with us. There are lots of great folks here and there is always someone willing to share some knowledge or lend a hand. We do have a member here that went back across the big pond. I forget where in the UK he went to, but he still checks in occasionally.

Please do not be shy, feel free to join in a conversation and ask any question.

We like pictures and here are 2 links that will help show how to upload and post them.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/c...e-to-your-post

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/c...t-on-this-site

Hal

New User
Hal
Hello! I just discovered this Forum doing a search about cypress finishing. I was born in NC but lived most of my adult life in MD and FL. I moved back to NC to Lake James in 2006 at which time I became more interested in woodworking. I am in the process of building a cypress table for my deck.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
We sure are glad you are here Brogan! You are not the first to end up here after leaving the UK behind. There are many here who'll enjoy answering your questions, or discussing your projects, etc. So jump right in and enjoy! :icon_cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS