Greensboro lunch this Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have a couple requests if anyone can help...

1. If you are coming from Raleigh or near there can you take a couple rolls of thread to Phil Soper?

2. Does anyone have a scrap piece of plywood you can spare, 1/2, 5/8, or 3/4 ... 11 inches X 6 feet?

3. If you live in Greensboro and have never been to our lunch meeting I'd like to buy your lunch this Thursday at the Moose restaurant in the Farmers Market complex off I-40 on Sandy Ridge Road. 11:30 in the meeting room to the right of entrance. First two that introduce yourself as first timers.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I have a couple requests if anyone can help...

1. If you are coming from Raleigh or near there can you take a couple rolls of thread to Phil Soper?

2. Does anyone have a scrap piece of plywood you can spare, 1/2, 5/8, or 3/4 ... 11 inches X 6 feet? I'll check my sheet goods rack. Not sure if I've got anything this size, but if I do it's yours.

3. If you live in Greensboro and have never been to our lunch meeting I'd like to buy your lunch this Thursday at the Moose restaurant in the Farmers Market complex off I-40 on Sandy Ridge Road. 11:30 in the meeting room to the right of entrance. First two that introduce yourself as first timers.

Thanks Mike. See you Thursday.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bill, let me know if you don't find a piece of plywood that size. I'm pretty sure I have some and wouldn't mind getting it out of the shop. It might be hardwood (either Maple of Cherry) but should work I would hope.

I could bring that and pick up the thread for Phil if need be.

Actually I measured and came up a tad short. I have two pieces of 3/4 ply - one is 10"x8' and the other is 20"x5'. Missed it by that much.

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
If Bill doesn't have it, then the 10 inch piece will work. I'm making a shelf for clear plastic shoe boxes to organize small parts. Hate to buy a whole sheet just for that and would have 3/4 of it sitting around for years...

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I have 3 pieces that might work. I'll let you decide.

1/2" OSB; 1/2" MDF; 1/2" pressure treated ply. All 3 are wider and longer than you need, just in case. Let me know if you want me to bring one to lunch Thursday.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Well, I don't allow OSB or mdf in my shop, don't have a problem with treated as long as it is flat.

i measured my car and 6 feet is the maximum length unless I slide it between the front seats which I'd rather not...

thanks!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Well, I don't allow OSB or mdf in my shop, don't have a problem with treated as long as it is flat.

i measured my car and 6 feet is the maximum length unless I slide it between the front seats which I'd rather not...

thanks!

'Flat' might be a problem. Treated ply tends to warp more than untreated ply. At least that's been my experience, and this piece is not exactly flat. If Ken doesn't mind coming over for lunch this Thursday, you might be better off w/ the piece he is offering.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I can cut the 8' piece to 6' and that will make it fit in my CRV better as well. Without having it stick up beside me.

If you can use this stuff, I'd be happy to bring it - rather than let it go to waste.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Mike,

I may also have a shelf for you. I'm planning to have lunch and will bring it with me. Don't cancel the other plans because you may not want what I bring.

Charley

DWSmith

New User
David
Just sayin'.....

If you ever thought about joining the Thursday group for a lunch, this Thursday will be the day. Not only will Mike dig out some rusty money for a new face or two but I believe Santa might actually show up. Why not come out and meet and greet to see what the group is all about.

Just sayin'.....

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Bill and Ken. I think we will go with Ken's ply.

I'll be leaving shortly to head to the farmers market. I cut the longer piece of ply to 6' to fit in both our vehicles. The other was 5' to start with. They are both 3/4" cherry.

Bringing a row boat as well in case I have to get out and paddle. See y'all soon.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Santa (BoardSMITH) may not be the "real Santa", but he sure brought us a bunch of presents. Many thanks for your generosity David. Other "gifts" also seemed to appear besides what David brought and I think everyone received something. I didn't see any coal being given out, but a bunch of wood crossed the table and I think everyone received some router bits.

Many Thanks everyone. It was a great woodworking Christmas luncheon/party.

Charley

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
And Santa Charley gave out his share of tiny reindeer.

Or is it riendeer (i before e except after c - nah, that isn't logical - Einstein.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS